• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who will get the new Nexus 7?

rich2626

Well-Known Member
Just had a look at the specs,and it seems too be a lot better than the old one.. It seems to be superior too the old one in every way...even get 4G!

Who is keen too upgrade?

I know I am!
 
Considering my nexus 7 is not even a year old yet, will continue to receive OS updates for at least 2 years more, and handles most tasks without much difficulty, I'd say my nexus 7 will continue to be one of my primary devices for some time more. What I will be definitely buying is an unlocked moto x. I expect the nexus 4 price point but the moto x with its 8 core configuration dishes out more graphical horsepower than the gs4,htc one, and the HTC j one
 
I am happy with my current 7, but will be getting a new one for the other half for Christmas.
Think i have finally persuaded her away from a Kindle Fire.
 
I will be happy to drop $300 on a new Nexus 7 tablet. I am so satisfied with this current tablets and using right now to write this post on, but I will be buying a new one just have two and one updated terms of hardware in a new design. I'm hoping to get LTE version
 
I've been wanting to upgrade to a 32Gb model, so this is the time to get it with a lot more features in the deal.
 
Is the new Nexus officially called Nexus 7.2 or does if even have a name? Weird marketing by not having a name IMO.
 
I might get one, but not at launch. I'm also considering going for the data enabled version, which isn't going to be available right away anyways.
 
I'm in the market for a 7" tablet and I really like the Nexus 7's features, especially its 1920 x 1200 screen resolution. However, since I don't plan to play any games I'm thinking that a cheaper HD tablet, like the Asus Memo Pad HD 7 or the Hisense Sero 7 Pro, would probably meet my needs. I'm on the fence.
 
I'll wait a bit to see if there are any bargains to be had, but the wife will be getting one of these for her birthday (December). I think I can get by with the OGN7. ;)
 
I'm in the market for a 7" tablet and I really like the Nexus 7's features, especially its 1920 x 1200 screen resolution. However, since I don't plan to play any games I'm thinking that a cheaper HD tablet, like the Asus Memo Pad HD 7 or the Hisense Sero 7 Pro, would probably meet my needs. I'm on the fence.

I will still go for the Nexus 7, its only $200, and that is a great price for a tablet. And you will be sure to get every update that comes out. That's why Nexus is a great brand.

However,

Does anyone know why there are not the options to see the LTE version of the Nexus on the Play Store? All I see are the Wi-Fi Versions.
https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb_2013
 
I will still go for the Nexus 7, its only $200, and that is a great price for a tablet. And you will be sure to get every update that comes out. That's why Nexus is a great brand.

However,

Does anyone know why there are not the options to see the LTE version of the Nexus on the Play Store? All I see are the Wi-Fi Versions.
https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb_2013

They said that the LTE version would be coming at a later time, So it won't be available at launch. No doubt Verizon is dragging their heals because this would be hypothetically the first device to test the Block C regulations put in place.
 
I haven't decided yet. I'm still happy with my 8G Nexus 7 and the specs of the new one don't wow me enough that I "gotta have it" so I'm in no hurry to buy.
 
Eh, I upgraded from a 16 GB to a 32 GB N7 just 4 months ago and it does everything I want it to. I only use a tablet with WiFi so I'm not excited about LTE. I may upgrade closer to the end of the year if I see a real reason to, but for now I'll enjoy Jellybean 4.3 and let everyone else be on the bleeding edge for a while. :beerglass:
 
They said that the LTE version would be coming at a later time, So it won't be available at launch. No doubt Verizon is dragging their heals because this would be hypothetically the first device to test the Block C regulations put in place.

I'd rather not be on Verizons "Share Everything with the NSA" plan. I like what T-Mobile has with unlimited data. Depending on the price for the tablet, I may want to get that one.
 
I will still go for the Nexus 7, its only $200, and that is a great price for a tablet. And you will be sure to get every update that comes out. That's why Nexus is a great brand.

The 16GB model will go for $230. The $150 Asus Memo Pad HD 7 and Hisense Sero 7 Pro are good tablets and would probably meet my needs. So the question I have to answer is whether it's worth an extra $80 to get a device that's faster with a sharper screen and has regular android updates.
 
I'd rather not be on Verizons "Share Everything with the NSA" plan. I like what T-Mobile has with unlimited data. Depending on the price for the tablet, I may want to get that one.

I wonder if they'll let you on a prepaid data plan since those seem to be much more reasonable.
 
I'm definitely getting one. I need 32GB and this is a perfect excuse to upgrade my storage. This tablet has been far too useful for me not to keep current. I know that's weird logic but it works for me!
 
Wanted the first one... never got it, but ended up waiting for this one.

I won't be pre-ordering, I'd rather walk into a store and walk out with one than sit around waiting on a delivery.
 
Does anyone know if the new Nexus 7 will have HDMI out? That's the only thing I need and probably the only thing that will make me want to upgrade my current Nexus 7.

Thoughts?

P
 
The only thing that would get me to buy a new one is the vastly higher resolution screen, and that may indeed be the tipping point if I decide to get one.
 
Back
Top Bottom