• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who will get the new Nexus 7?

similar to what some of the Mods have said. I'm waiting a little bit but i am interested in one. I want to see if there are any quality issues like they were with the first one...ie...screen lifting and such before i buy one. i'm in no hurry. I agree also that the data version would be cool but i have a question....


I haven't seen a sim slot in any of the photos. I'm assuming that would be because we've only seen photos of the WiFi only model?
 
My wife had lunch with a friend who displayed a bunch of pictures on her iPad Mini. I don't know if the friend actually took the pictures with the iPad's camera but I assume she did. Now my wife says she wants a tablet that will allow her to do this. There's no way I'm getting an iPad but if the Nexus 7 takes better quality pictures than the other 7 inch tablets that might be the decisive factor. I'll be looking for a review of the Nexus 7's camera.
 
The 16GB model will go for $230. The $150 Asus Memo Pad HD 7 and Hisense Sero 7 Pro are good tablets and would probably meet my needs. So the question I have to answer is whether it's worth an extra $80 to get a device that's faster with a sharper screen and has regular android updates.

Or buy the original Nexus 7 act retailers that still have them, for about the same price as the Hisense or Memo Pad.
 
Thanks I didn't know about slimport. Can the old Nexus 7 use slimport, too?

P

No. The N7 doesn't have any form of HDMI output. This is the main reason I'll be buying the new Nexus. I use a Slimport adaptor for HDMI output on my N4 and it works very well. I assume the N7.2 will work just as well.
 
I have nothing but great service from the original I bought when they were first released. So I'm very eager to buy a new 32GB LTE Model. They may be released in as little as just two more weeks, says the rather consistent rumor. If that's wrong, I will still wait no problem.
 
I said earlier that I hadn't made up my mind regarding getting the new N7 but ended up buying a 16G model today.
 
I would like a tablet, and I would like a nexus device. But I probably won't be allowed one.

Edit: *looks at calendar * might be able to get it with some 'good grades money'

Edit 2: even though the new nexus looks a bit better, I might still consider getting a cheap laptop
 
I like the high resolution screen, stereo speakers and LTE. I see one in my future replacing an original 16 gig i have.
 
My wife had lunch with a friend who displayed a bunch of pictures on her iPad Mini. I don't know if the friend actually took the pictures with the iPad's camera but I assume she did. Now my wife says she wants a tablet that will allow her to do this. There's no way I'm getting an iPad but if the Nexus 7 takes better quality pictures than the other 7 inch tablets that might be the decisive factor. I'll be looking for a review of the Nexus 7's camera.

Turns out the pictures were taken with a separate camera and transferred to the tablet. So rear camera quality is no longer an issue for me.
Nexus 7-1? Nexus 7-2? Asus Memo Pad HD 7? Hisense Sero Pro 7?
I can't decide!:(
 
Back
Top Bottom