• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Why does Anthrax sound so good?

Here I thought you were referencing the band...I was about to say "Scott Ian's beard."

I just downloaded anthrax_universal_rls3.7.0.zip successfully.

It may be a user error. ;)

I'm using Chrome on Windows 7.

ramjet73

IMG_20130212_095046_zps409aabc3.jpg

IMG_20130212_095024_zpsc0509100.jpg

IMG_20130212_095038_zps0959e5a4.jpg

do you see what im talking about...

all right I figured it out.. But it still seems there are multiple files to chose from... 2 cdma+gsm folders and the when you click either one you will see there are to 3.7 folders.. I guess they are the same

all right I figured it out.. But it still seems there are multiple files to chose from... 2 cdma+gsm folders and the when you click either one you will see there are to 3.7 folders.. I guess they are the same

I'll be going through all this once my account gets approved. Out of curiosity, when did you register, and when did you get approval?

im using chrome.. and when I use IE, or FireFox its the same.. I tried on my phone..... same thing...weird

**edit**.. they dont duplicate on my phone

i dont understand what could cause that to happen

im using chrome.. and when I use IE, or FireFox its the same.. I tried on my phone..... same thing...weird

**edit**.. they dont duplicate on my phone

i dont understand what could cause that to happen
Are you using some kind of ad blocking or browser security software?

Those programs rebuild the HTML received from a website and there could be a bug or configuration problem with that.

Edit: It could also be a problem with caching done by your ISP.

ramjet73

Register at Anthrax Development.

Make a post in the "Forum/General Discussion/Welcome/Welcome New Users" thread right after you register and it will speed up the approval process.

ramjet73

Actually, I did create an account last night, and I even posted in the welcome thread (which had over 2000 replies in it)

I can't seem to find the welcome thread now to confirm my post. I used the same username as I have here...so let me know if you see it :D

Actually, I did create an account last night, and I even posted in the welcome thread (which had over 2000 replies in it)

I can't seem to find the welcome thread now to confirm my post. I used the same username as I have here...so let me know if you see it :D
I just checked that thread and your post is there and it was made 12 hours ago. It can take them a day or two to go through the pending posts so just be patient and I'm sure you will be approved.

BTW, I had the wrong thread in my last post and I've corrected that so users wanting to register there don't get confused.

ramjet73

It's actually pretty easy if you know where to look. ;)

There's a tab for "Blogs" at the top of any page on that website. Click on that and then read the third entry and it will tell you how to get any of the Anthrax kernels for the Evo 3D/V that have been distributed from that site.

ramjet73

My account is approved, but my posts haven't been approved yet. It seems you can post in the welcome thread without approval, but posting elsewhere requires approval?

I think I am able to download now. I gotta find that file now :)

EDIT:

WOW, I had to work at it to find the file. I think I am good to go now...

Are you using ROM or Kernel based MP Decision? after you install and setup in aroma, you have to ensure settings stuck in Kernel tuner

Are you using ROM or Kernel based MP Decision? after you install and setup in aroma, you have to ensure settings stuck in Kernel tuner

Kernel based. Can you elaborate on what I need to check in kernel tuner?
I probably should have switched governors to see of that has an effect.
I'd like to come up with some more suggestions before I install this kernel again. That way, I can try a bunch of things all at once before I go back to buttered toast.

try xondemand governor

I'll play with all the governors next time I install Anthrax. Is there anything else I can do while I'm running it? I don't really want to install Anthrax to test a governor just to switch back to Buttered Toast 10 minutes later. I'd like to do a couple of things.

Anyone have any suggestions? How can I tell what's using the processor? Is that info readily available? Do I go into the on screen CPU use through developr options?

i can say that I use both kernels, and dont experience this. Lagfree/performance will max you out most of the time, Ondemand is a little more friendly but theres performance jumps when max processor is needed and waiting for it to speed up. I typically use 1296mhz x2, lagfree/xondemand, noop IO. No issues

Anthrax is working OK for me now with regards to max CPU issues. The only thing I did differently was to choose ondemand in Aroma, and I think I may have lowered my max screen off freq. to the Anthrax recommended. Neither of those options should have made the difference, but that's all I got.

I've been running this for about a half hour, and it's very unstable. It's turned off a few times, and just generally acts funny. My phone is currently off right now. I gotta pull the battery again.

I am switching back to my latest Mobster/Buttered Toast NANDROID.

I wonder, could I be introducing a conflict if my max screen off setting in Kernel Tuner differs from what I selected during the Aroma install?

Anthrax is working OK for me now with regards to max CPU issues. The only thing I did differently was to choose ondemand in Aroma, and I think I may have lowered my max screen off freq. to the Anthrax recommended. Neither of those options should have made the difference, but that's all I got.

I've been running this for about a half hour, and it's very unstable. It's turned off a few times, and just generally acts funny. My phone is currently off right now. I gotta pull the battery again.

I am switching back to my latest Mobster/Buttered Toast NANDROID.

I wonder, could I be introducing a conflict if my max screen off setting in Kernel Tuner differs from what I selected during the Aroma install?

You need to get rid of any int.d scripts. Rename them by adding .bak to the filename. Also get rid of the post boot script. After doing this I haven't had a single random reboot.

Anthrax is probably the best kernel of all time for the evo 3d. Chad got kanged and now he is suffering so he made his site private and password protected. Most of the kernels are based off of anthrax, like butteredtoast.

Anthrax is probably the best kernel of all time for the evo 3d. Chad got kanged and now he is suffering so he made his site private and password protected. Most of the kernels are based off of anthrax, like butteredtoast.

We all need to get together and ask Chad to keep working on it.

You need to get rid of any int.d scripts. Rename them by adding .bak to the filename. Also get rid of the post boot script. After doing this I haven't had a single random reboot.

I may try this. The init.d scripts are in system/etc right? What about the post boot? Is that in the same place?

Also, upon reflecting on this event, I think instead of the phone turning off, it may have gone into a sleep mode that I couldn't get it out of. I recall, when I pulled the battery, I heard the bluetooth speaker I was listening to beep which I believe indicates my device disconnected. If this is the case, then it didn't reboot, it just had an issue going to sleep. Can the phone "sleep" while music is playing?

This may point to a screen off frequency issue, or something else. It could also be related to bluetooth I suppose as I was streaming audio the whole time I had issues.

Anthrax has never liked me for some reason. Just switched back to it from ButterToast and my phone just boot loops about a minute after booting to the lock screen. No OC or UC...going to wait it out to see if it settles down.

Anthrax has never liked me for some reason. Just switched back to it from ButterToast and my phone just boot loops about a minute after booting to the lock screen. No OC or UC...going to wait it out to see if it settles down.

Check the differences identified by CG in post #7.

Those are the things that make Anthrax more advanced than Buttered Toast but they also make it less stable on some phones.

ramjet73

Back
Top Bottom