• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why does my Samsung Galaxy S5 screen only shows black sometimes when I try to turn it on?

Sarah98421

Lurker
Nov 2, 2017
My phone will be charged and at a good amount but when it has been a good while (maybe 3 hours) when I haven't played on my phone and tried to turn it on the screen only shows black. It seems like as if it were perfectly normal because I can feel the vibrations and literally type out where my password is and then raise the screen brightness (this is all through a pitch black screen but I've played on my phone so much I've memorized where everything is) and then after a few attempts of trying to turn it on, it works and the screen is fully bright which shows I WAS able to mess with it. Sometimes, it may take me up to around 7 times of turning on the power button to try to get it on before working or sometimes not at all. It sometimes flashes green lines or blocks on the screen like it's glitching instead of turning on but I can usually take out the battery for a couple of seconds, put it back in, restart it, and then it's fine but lately, I've been having to do that at least 10 times a day. I don't know what to do to fix the problem...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones