• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Why is this POS doing this?!

racinmason001

Android Enthusiast
This phone keeps giving the running out of storage space error. I know i have enough space so why is this happening? Enlighten me anyone?:confused:
uploadfromtaptalk1347585604743.jpguploadfromtaptalk1347585627232.jpg

205 mb isn't a helluva lotta space left. I think you need to start managing you apps better. I have a grip load of apps installed and have 1.7 gigs left. There is absolutely nothing on my phone that I don't use. For instance you're probably using only one keyboard but have three installed. Delete two of them. I got rid of swype and stock and am using swift. The only thing i have that i don't use is metroweb. It's required to dl from the market. Make sure u make a backup first before deleting anything tho.

If I had to guess i would say that it's enough to fit an installed app but maybe the system needs a bit of room when it does the installation. Dunno.

Well obv built into the android OS is the low space warning. I used to get these messages all the time on other phones since the space is so low. I think though it might be a percentage of overall space instead of a set level of MB. And I think its 10 percent as in phones I had with 200 mb, at 20 it would warn. Since this phone has 2gig, at 200 it would warn if indeed im right......

Thanks for the responses. It's my wife's phone and i do think she was careless when installing apps. She went from an admire that you just look at and it gives you a low space warning to the connect i think i made the mistake of telling her 2gb was alot and don't worry about filling it up:rolleyes:

Let me embellish a little more on this. I freed up some space and got rid of the notification. Now when i try to move an app to sd i get a pop up root saying something like moving failed there is not enough storage space?! There is more than enough free space to move a7mb app. Wtf?!uploadfromtaptalk1347598363883.jpg

Edit: I just don't get it? There is at least 200mb sys and almost 2gb on the sd card. Could the phone internal storage be muffd up?

Edit: I may have found the culprit... MYMETRO! I left it on her phone because it is so easy to pay your bill with but the MF'er was taking 1.4gb of app space. Can u believe that?! 1.4gb!!!!!!!

I have posted about this app with high data storage before. I cleared the files rooted and deleted the app. All is good.

Did you install or restored any roms? I'm guessing maybe it could be when you did you didn't wipe the data the data cache, dalvik and battery. If so maybe those things are still filling up space somewhete. I would just wipe everything, and install a fresh rom starting over and see hoe that works.

No I didn't install any roms. Zva stock rooted that's it. I am going to wipe, reset, install a rom and see if that fixes this issue. Idk I'm no master but I'm def not a noob at this. I would not have forgotten to simply wipe cache & dalvik. If this don't work im calling the phone defective!

Record that hammer to it! If you will :)

Also , It happened on my LG Motion around 1 GB out of 5.5 GB so Idk , It happened once but then I uninstalled , reinstalled , boom , So try that , Also ROMing wont help you at all , trust me , that wont help with space , ROMs have nothing to do with your memory and space , all they do is TAKE space and theme/ROM your device

do you have aptoide installed? that program does it to my phone and i have to go in and clear its cache.

Back
Top Bottom