• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Why not just use this app?

So, debating which phone to get is probably one of the more annoying things right now, but while I can't stand the Bing thing, rooting seems to fix everything?

Rather than root and then unroot using the instructions, why not just install this app: RyanZA's OCLF 2.0 - Android app on AppBrain

Can't I just root and unroot with a click of the button?

Rooting will allow me to fix the soft search key and make it Google, but isn't Bing technology throughout the phone? Searching in the browser, voice searching in the browser, using voice to text for text messaging, all that.... isn't it Bing Voice?

One of the things I find awesome about Google is the voice commands, sending an email with voice, texting with phone, all that. Bing can't be wiped entirely after a root?

Don't think it works to root as it just gives an error in recovery when you try to run the update.zip it installs.

So, debating which phone to get is probably one of the more annoying things right now, but while I can't stand the Bing thing, rooting seems to fix everything?

Rather than root and then unroot using the instructions, why not just install this app: RyanZA's OCLF 2.0 - Android app on AppBrain

Can't I just root and unroot with a click of the button?

Rooting will allow me to fix the soft search key and make it Google, but isn't Bing technology throughout the phone? Searching in the browser, voice searching in the browser, using voice to text for text messaging, all that.... isn't it Bing Voice?

One of the things I find awesome about Google is the voice commands, sending an email with voice, texting with phone, all that. Bing can't be wiped entirely after a root?
Thats a lag fix you have to be rooted first to use it!

Correct that app has a rooting option but that rooting option does not work on a SF it apparently does for other devices. If rooted the lagfix does work and the unlagfix does as well. I think even the unroot works too for the SF. Just not the root.
To root just do this: How to Root - Android Forums it just takes a few minutes

Back
Top Bottom