• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motofrust

Nov 3, 2012
I have received a new triumph in the mail today and wanted to be rooted and have latest cyanogenmod installed for better perfomance and design. So I did it on my old phone with no problem and installed it with no problem. last year. Now I totally forget how to do it and then I activated my new phone just transfer. Then, I downloaded recoveryclockmod and then cyanogen. I then had issues and I guess I deleted the image stock rom from the new triumph and I accidently clicked wrong button.
frown.gif

So I tried to copy the stock rom and paste it to the phone by using the USB cable, it works and pops up right away. But if I want to press the power and down button it doesn't start but it would start only by power and still black and vibrating constastly. So I think I damaged the partiton or something?
frown.gif

note: the old phone has port charging issues and can't charge it.

So any idea you can help me and I would highly appreciate it.

Your old phone and your new phone are different versions. You copied the wrong MOBILE drive files. So, nothing will show up. You have to do things with black screen. They are still working. You just have to be patience.

Look under the battery. Check to see if it's 6 bar codes or 7 bar codes.

If 6 bar codes, download this.

If 7 bar codes, download this.

Then, press and hold the power + volume down. Phone will not show anything. But connect the USB with PC on and a drive will show up. You copy the extracted files you downloaded earlier from above links into there. That's it.

Reactions: Motofrust
Upvote 0
well hey the first responder was very quick to help me and saved my time! Thank you very much and I will owe you. :) I will pass this to another person if they have same issues. Again thank you so much. Now, I am going to send the new phone back to the VM ; they sent me another one. Should I keep this one I fixed ( second phone ) the first old phone and third will I have to send it back to the company.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones