• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I use wifi for podcast downloads mostly. it would also be useful if you are buying an album on amazon mp3 service-that can take forever on 3G. of course, it depends on your home internet speed as this may be the same or slower than 3G at times.
I don't think it will get emails faster, since those files are relatively small.

Upvote 0
I use my over 3g whenever i can. It is faster and you dont use as much of your vz data since the majority of peeps have a 5gb limit. But you will have to be using your phone alot to get to that limit. A lot of wirrless hotspots are password protected and some arent. But when you do connect to an anonymous hotspot, just be mindful. of what you send over that connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones