• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi 3g problem??

Tu2kill

Lurker
I was wondering if the 3g icon is suposed to go away when I connect to wifi because sometimes it does and sometimes ti doesn't. And when it doesnt it seems to surf the web alittle slower. So im wondering if anyone else hase this problem and how to fix it or if its eveb a problem. Thank you
 
When you establish a WiFi connection the little 3G icon is supposed to be replaced with the curved lines indicating WiFi. If it doesn't change, I'm guessing that there's a good possibility that you're still running on the 3G.

If it gets significantly slower then you may be seeing a routing issue where the WiFi is attempting to come up, can't, and is somehow cycling the WiFi routes up and down in the routing table. Theoretically this would cause issues with the phones IP routing table and would play havoc with connecting anywhere on the Internet.
 
Yeah I've also wondered that. The same thing happens to me. I also wonder if 3g is actually being shut off after 15 minutes like the battery manager says its supposed to. The 3g icon seems to be there a lot.
 
So mine got fixed but i don't know if its because i did a factory reset (was having contact issues) or if it was from pulling the battery out
 
Back
Top Bottom