• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi staying in the background

carrot

Feb 1, 2010
GA
I found a setting the other which was letting me keep Wifi in the background while in standby/sleep. I remember 2-3 options but I can't find where it is again...

When I'm roaming (In Canada) for example, I like to keep it on all the time when I'm at the office or hotel and I turn off the Data Roaming.

But I can't find where it was!!!! Anybody has seen this?

Thanks

Solved: Looks like you can do this only with an app on the market...
On the Moto DROID: Check the market for a WiFi OnOff
It will let you change the WiFi default sleep policy from "When screen turns off" to "Never when plugged in" or "Never".
Check your phone before downloading the widget to see if you've got "Advanced Settings" in the Wifi configuration... for some reason it is there.. maybe the widget enables it or I'm sleeping at the switch

I get low verizon signal at home, so this is useful. Too bad this is not in the default settings...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones