• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wifi Tethering after root.

TDOW

I have rooted the phone and so far it is running well. I did not overclock as every time I tried to install the overclock, it put my phone in a bootloop.

My one question, has anyone gotten wifi tethering to work at all? If so, what do I need to do to even get into the settings to allow me to turn on wifi tethering?

Does this wifi tether work on a modified stock rom?

yes it does. needs a bit of setup, but there is a thread for that in the main forum (regarding the same issue)

honestly if your going to use it on your PC/Laptop Foxfi is alot better. requires no setup, just turn on usb tethering and your golden. also the key is 1.99 and its worth it for the utility

I don't know if I'm missing something but I have WiFi Tether on my phone (n800) and I can't get it to work. Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions. I want the phone to be a hotspot and pass data through the cell connection without usb connection to the phone. I had this on an older phone where I started it and the SSID would show up on my notebook to connect to and off I'd go. Spent two days driving to Florida and my grandson spent the time surfin the web with my notebook or watching Netflix. This phone I can't get to do that.

Anyone know if I'm asking the wrong questions or just to stupid to get it.

Thanks,

Jim

I don't know if I'm missing something but I have WiFi Tether on my phone (n800) and I can't get it to work. Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions. I want the phone to be a hotspot and pass data through the cell connection without usb connection to the phone. I had this on an older phone where I started it and the SSID would show up on my notebook to connect to and off I'd go. Spent two days driving to Florida and my grandson spent the time surfin the web with my notebook or watching Netflix. This phone I can't get to do that.

Anyone know if I'm asking the wrong questions or just to stupid to get it.

Thanks,

Jim

you asked the right question and i answered it

i SAID its in the MAIN FORUM. it was literally 3-4 threads down

please use the search function. more often than not your question has been answered or at least posted

I've looked at every post from your link and don't see anything that has worked for me. I clicked on you link and tried everything there I still can't see my SSID when I look for it with my notebook. It appears to be running but I can't find it.

I don't know what you are saying about answering my question because I don't see the answer from you there. The answers that are there don't work for me.

Maybe you would like to try again?

Jim

I've looked at every post from your link and don't see anything that has worked for me. I clicked on you link and tried everything there I still can't see my SSID when I look for it with my notebook. It appears to be running but I can't find it.

I don't know what you are saying about answering my question because I don't see the answer from you there. The answers that are there don't work for me.

Maybe you would like to try again?

Jim

Ok...
Forgot to mention that you do need to make a password too. Otherwise it wont show up at all.
It does work with this phone, it absolutely does I guarantee it.

Back
Top Bottom