• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will it slow down the phone by moving apps to SD

Internal storage will read/write faster than the SD card, so yes it will slow down your phone.
Now, whether or not a human will be able to tell the difference, that probably depends on the app. In many instances I suspect the time difference will be measured in milliseconds, not seconds.

On all other phones I've had you could not move widgets (or apps with widgets) to the SD card without breaking the widget. I suspect that will be true for the S4 also.

Reactions: thahim
Upvote 0
Internal storage will read/write faster than the SD card, so yes it will slow down your phone.
Now, whether or not a human will be able to tell the difference, that probably depends on the app. In many instances I suspect the time difference will be measured in milliseconds, not seconds.

On all other phones I've had you could not move widgets (or apps with widgets) to the SD card without breaking the widget. I suspect that will be true for the S4 also.

So its going to alow that perticular app not the phone yeh?
I suspect if I get more apps in phone will slow the phone thats why I want to move apps to sd to remove load from phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones