• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Wired Headset

mustang5o

Oct 20, 2009
Looking for a wired headset to use with my EVO. I'm hoping to find something like the ones that come with the Epic or Jabra Rhythm (ear buds) but will allow you to answer and end calls from the controls on the mic. My goal is to use them when I'm at the gym and be able to answer a call easily and hang up allowing the music to pause and resume. I test my sons Epic headphones and I really liked them except that they wouldn't control the EVO properly.

Any suggestions?

Looking for a wired headset to use with my EVO. I'm hoping to find something like the ones that come with the Epic or Jabra Rhythm (ear buds) but will allow you to answer and end calls from the controls on the mic. My goal is to use them when I'm at the gym and be able to answer a call easily and hang up allowing the music to pause and resume. I test my sons Epic headphones and I really liked them except that they wouldn't control the EVO properly.

Any suggestions?

VModa, Sony, and many other brands do what you want and sound reasonable. Your issue is going to be sweatproof and whether they stay in your wears while you work out.

I have a pair of VModa Vibes that have held up to working out. They may not last forever, but they were only $20 so I got a second pair.

I wanted to try the Sennheiser CX-680, but they didn't have a phone-capable set when I bought. Otherwise, the fit, sound, and sweat handling would have been ideal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones