• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wireless tether, just wondering

RCope48

I was just curious if there is any way Sprint can tell you've been using hacked wireless tethering and beating them out of their $30? Im sure they know its going on...spies:)

Unless your using it a LOT, like for playing ps3 online on there or something like that they should have no way of knowing. Just use it wisely.

Who cares, they are already charging me for the Data, what difference does it make how I use it, especially if I am not using there hotspot app since the hacked hotspot will only run at 3G. I paid for the phone I pay them for the service I pay the extra 10 for the premium data, they are making there money.

Who cares, they are already charging me for the Data, what difference does it make how I use it, especially if I am not using there hotspot app since the hacked hotspot will only run at 3G. I paid for the phone I pay them for the service I pay the extra 10 for the premium data, they are making there money.

I hear that....

I pay the extra 10 for the premium data, they are making there money.

I think they stopped charging for premium data back near the first of the year. Now all Android devices and blackberrys cost a minimum of $79 a month up from the previous years $69 for smart phones with $10 extra for 4G phones.

Naters

I think they stopped charging for premium data back near the first of the year. Now all Android devices and blackberrys cost a minimum of $79 a month up from the previous years $69 for smart phones with $10 extra for 4G phones.

Naters

I believe all the phones with data will now be charged the $10 premium data fee but as long as I have unlimited data and unlimited 4G data, the $10 is worth it for me

I don't mind paying for the unlimited data, especillay with 4G. What I do mind is being charged 30 bucks for a pass through on a device I have already paid for and for service I am already paying for. S0 30 bucks a month for use of an app, Thats ridiculous. I'll find another way or I'll just surf on the phone, but there is no way in hell I am going to pay an extra 30 bucks a month to them for stuff I have already paid for. The 10 for unlimited data is reasonable what difference does it make if I use it directly on my phone or pass it through my phone??

Well you can connect 5 or 6 devices at once to your hotspot where the phone can only do so much by itself.

Hence their $30 a month.

Just don't roam. Trust me. They hate that. And even if you use a lot of data you are paying for it, but if you use too much they may look into it (to see why you're using so much), but I really don't know if they would.

Back
Top Bottom