• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Working Skype for Droid 3

sorry for asking the dumb question but i had thought skype worked under wifi?

i am asking this bcause i have a skype number and brought up skype on the phone , not sure if i downloaded this or it came on phone, called my number from a landline and it never answered. I know the number works , i can call my computer and it rings and answers.

I have wifi turned on on the phone and its connected, so shouldn't skype work w this/ thanks.

ps, i am asking this and testing now as i am going to europe. I have unlocked sim but figured my phone could be called if i was at least by wifi.
Find out if you have the crapware Skype that came w/ the phone or the hacked version that is mentioned in this thread. Also, by default, the hacked Skype has video call turned off, so you need to go in the settings and enable it. Too bad the default behavior is like that, many people may not check the settings. At least it's not in the advanced settings.
 
Skype video-calling is landscape only, even for officially supported phones.
One fellow dev @ xda has implemented portrait too, maybe I'll try to do the same when I'm not bored. :)

Why would the devs not support portait initially? Who holds their phone landscape? Who thinks this is ok? Have the devs not seen facetime? They can't even copy the simple stuff...

I waited months for this?
 
Back
Top Bottom