So I called this morning to the local Verizon corporate store here to find out what the outright price of the Thunderbolt is. I'm outside my return policy and best buy is selling the device for a whopping $749.00. I was trying to get it a bit cheaper outright.
Here is my convo:
Clueless Rep: "Verizon wireless home of the iPhone, how can I help you?"
Me: "Hi - quick question - how much will the Thunderbolt be outright when it hits tomorrow morning?"
Clueless Rep: "We have no information on the Thunderbolt. It has been delayed until mid April."
Me: "Um - you're a corporate store right? You do realize there was a press release yesterday and it's coming tomorrow right? lol"
Clueless Rep: "Oh, um, yeah we still have no info."
WOW
Soooo, I call another corporate store about 2 miles away.
Intelligent Rep: "Thank you for calling Verizon Wireless, home of the iPhone, how may I help you?"
Me: "Hi - quick question - how much will the Thunderbolt be outright when it hits tomorrow morning?"
Intelligent Rep: "I have to check on the outright price, but on contract it is $249.99. Let me check for you. Hmm - I thought it was going to be more expensive - I had heard $669.00 but according to my system, and the sign that is printed for the phone itself, it is $599.99 outright without a contract."
Me: "Are you sure about this? Best Buy has it for like $749.99?"
Intelligent Rep: "Our price cards are already printed, and we have had stock of the device since yesterday. We have 100 handsets in stock ready to go for tomorrow. Please understand I am quoting the price on the card so if for some reason it changes today, which I highly doubt, it will be $599.99. We open at 9:00 AM so be sure to be here around 8:30 AM just in case we have a line. We will have one for ya though!
Me: "Awesome see you tomorrow!"
So yeah, that's my experience. I am surprised some store people are still like "um, dar dar" when it comes to this launch
Here is my convo:
Clueless Rep: "Verizon wireless home of the iPhone, how can I help you?"
Me: "Hi - quick question - how much will the Thunderbolt be outright when it hits tomorrow morning?"
Clueless Rep: "We have no information on the Thunderbolt. It has been delayed until mid April."
Me: "Um - you're a corporate store right? You do realize there was a press release yesterday and it's coming tomorrow right? lol"
Clueless Rep: "Oh, um, yeah we still have no info."
WOW
Soooo, I call another corporate store about 2 miles away.
Intelligent Rep: "Thank you for calling Verizon Wireless, home of the iPhone, how may I help you?"
Me: "Hi - quick question - how much will the Thunderbolt be outright when it hits tomorrow morning?"
Intelligent Rep: "I have to check on the outright price, but on contract it is $249.99. Let me check for you. Hmm - I thought it was going to be more expensive - I had heard $669.00 but according to my system, and the sign that is printed for the phone itself, it is $599.99 outright without a contract."
Me: "Are you sure about this? Best Buy has it for like $749.99?"
Intelligent Rep: "Our price cards are already printed, and we have had stock of the device since yesterday. We have 100 handsets in stock ready to go for tomorrow. Please understand I am quoting the price on the card so if for some reason it changes today, which I highly doubt, it will be $599.99. We open at 9:00 AM so be sure to be here around 8:30 AM just in case we have a line. We will have one for ya though!
Me: "Awesome see you tomorrow!"
So yeah, that's my experience. I am surprised some store people are still like "um, dar dar" when it comes to this launch


"Why yes, yes, I am."