• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wow.

thebryceee

Android Expert
Haven't been in these forums for a little bit and I see this phone still hasn't caught on for devs huh? Well, this phone is pretty good on it's own luckily.

The V is so much better than anything else Virgin mobile offers. I guess you would have to buy one on sale or used, then root it and install a custom ROM to truly understand.
I have the most customizable ROM on the planet (BACKside). I have Link2SD working properly and allowing me to have 151 downloaded apps and still have 123.31MB of internal Memory( started out with only 178.87MB). I still have 230MB of 425MB of RAM.
I'm safely overclocked to 480MHz min and 768MHz max where my battery will last 2 and 1/2 days light usage or 6 hours straight internet browsing. I could only get 3 hours straight internet browsing tops out of my old laptop.
If you still want to keep your Virgin Mobile plan but want to have the best phone for it, the V is the best. Will have to see though when the Elite comes out.

The V is so much better than anything else Virgin mobile offers. I guess you would have to buy one on sale or used, then root it and install a custom ROM to truly understand.
I have the most customizable ROM on the planet (BACKside). I have Link2SD working properly and allowing me to have 151 downloaded apps and still have 123.31MB of internal Memory( started out with only 178.87MB). I still have 230MB of 425MB of RAM.
I'm safely overclocked to 480MHz min and 768MHz max where my battery will last 2 and 1/2 days light usage or 6 hours straight internet browsing. I could only get 3 hours straight internet browsing tops out of my old laptop.
If you still want to keep your Virgin Mobile plan but want to have the best phone for it, the V is the best. Will have to see though when the Elite comes out.

Did you copy and paste this? Lol

Really??? I bought my brother an Optimus V and hooked it up but IMO my Triumph is lightyears ahead of that turtle :D..... also I'm currently developing a 2.3.4 Gingerbread update for the Triumph and I have yet to find any bugs that is supposably found on 2.2.2 the only bugs on froyo that I've seen are the volume bug and the soft keys not responding (which is found on most phones with soft keys) IMO until the Evo V 4G comes out the Triumph is the best phone available from Virgin Mobile its like having a 4 inch PC in my pocket

PS - Have you tried a Triumph??? Cause I've tried The Intercept, The Optimus V, The Slider, and The Triumph and I must say none comes close to the Triumph the Optimus V runs pretty good but its not a speedy phone, Can't play HD games or Videos, and The V has a tiny Screen I wouldn't try anything under 3.5 inch.......Not to mention the Triumph is unbrickable, Can overclock safely to 1.4ghz unlike The V which Reboots if its over 600mhz, has a 4 inch screen, HDMI so that I can connect it to my 65 inch TV, plays HD Games and Videos, is Flash Player compatible, has gorilla glass that won't scratch like the OV's cheap screen, has Flash so I can take pictures in the dark, a VGA front facing camera so i can Video Chat, a 5mp camera that records in 720p, 1GB of internal memory aside from my 32GB SD card, and its incredibly thin :D and many more reasons but these are the main ones.....

On that note: this is my opinion but if you enjoy your phone I say good for you :) you have a smart phone with some of the Best plans available when I see many others still carrying a flip phone, blackberry, or even worse the iPhone! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom