• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WTH..the Tegra2 version of Asphalt runs better on Galaxy S than the Galaxy S version!

Me too....lets compile a list of versions for it so we can test them..that made me very curious now! :-)

I emailed Gameloft so I hope I dont get some BS reply.

Also any idea of when it says Motorola...to which specific phone it refers? I dont mind buying a copy for that particular phone just to compare like GT Racing or so.

As expected I got a BS reply from Gameloft.

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback letter.
Our developers are trying to optimize our games to each platform separately, but sometimes there might be some issues with the new versions of the games running on an old firmware version and vice versa.
Thus,it takes some time to update the games in order for them to run smoothly with the new hardware.
Best regards,
Wow so helpful....:mad: Time? Like when, 2020...how has Asphalt 5 being out which was running fine before the "updates"...lame...

Gameloft customer support is some of the worst I've ever experienced. I bought a game from them on the Android market a year ago. A few phones later the game says invalid license and won't play. I send them an email with all of the info and they say for me to redownload the game or uninstall and get a refund since it was recently purchased.

As expected I got a BS reply from Gameloft.

Wow so helpful....:mad: Time? Like when, 2020...how has Asphalt 5 being out which was running fine before the "updates"...lame...
No surprise, they want to ignore one of the largest Android families (SGS) let them, it'll just result in very poor reviews and lots & lots of lost sales (and the clever ones like us finding the compatible version via "other methods"). They'll wake up eventually.

At the rate that they're pumping out new games, I'm guessing their cross-platform quality control is lacking, especially given the number of Android platforms.

Meanwhile, Google needs to ratify graphic API standards in Android OS so this Tegra2-specific nonsense goes away. The industry doesn't need to repeat 3Dfx vs Voodoo all over again..

This is why I will hold until things settle down...I have the feeling we will all be doing Tegra at the end of the day....even if it is done bulling us into it :(

I will still skip it then, Tegra 3 looks to be a real jump in performance. No way I am going to be bullied into "side"grading. :)

Actually I'm under contract til Aug 2012, so who knows what's in store then, certainly the SGS III.

I just hope my Epic lasts until then game compatibility-wise. Had another recent setback, No Gravity doesn't seem to fully support PowerVR, lots of random crashing.. :(

Actually I'm under contract til Aug 2012, so who knows what's in store then, certainly the SGS III.

I just hope my Epic lasts until then game compatibility-wise. Had another recent setback, No Gravity doesn't seem to fully support PowerVR, lots of random crashing.. :(

It worked fine on my Galaxy S unless they've recently patched the game and broken compatibility.

Bit odd though considering it's an iPhone port and the iPhone uses PowerVR. :confused:

It worked fine on my Galaxy S unless they've recently patched the game and broken compatibility.

Bit odd though considering it's an iPhone port and the iPhone uses PowerVR. :confused:
Guessing it's my phone or my OC'd kernel, but every other game is running fine..

Is not that it was not running "fine" as it was just not smooth like the version mentioned here.
Go ahead and give it a shot then let us know ;)

The version you guys are running that performs poorly, is it from the Android Market or Gameloft directly?

Now I could be wrong but I'm guessing the single build being sold in the Android Market for multiple devices is built for compatibility more than speed.

I would recommend getting their games from them directly so you get something more optimized for your specific device.

I don't have a working Galaxy S anymore. But I can say that the game ran poorly with the Galaxy S on 2.2 but when I upgraded to 2.3 the performance was substantially better.

The performance got even better when I got version 3.1.9 which was the second update I got pushed since the game came out. Then with ChainFire3D installed the performance got even better. As of right now I consider the performance to be great and definitely what I would call smooth.

Has anyone put a video together comparing the two yet?

I get all m y games directly from Gameloft then it does the update and it was never smooth compared to what I have now.
I am trying to get a cam to do a nice video but still working on it. :-)

The version you guys are running that performs poorly, is it from the Android Market or Gameloft directly?

Now I could be wrong but I'm guessing the single build being sold in the Android Market for multiple devices is built for compatibility more than speed.

I would recommend getting their games from them directly so you get something more optimized for your specific device.

I don't have a working Galaxy S anymore. But I can say that the game ran poorly with the Galaxy S on 2.2 but when I upgraded to 2.3 the performance was substantially better.

The performance got even better when I got version 3.1.9 which was the second update I got pushed since the game came out. Then with ChainFire3D installed the performance got even better. As of right now I consider the performance to be great and definitely what I would call smooth.

Has anyone put a video together comparing the two yet?

My new reply
The fix is easy...check the Asphalt 5 version I mentioned then compared to all other versions and figure out what broke it for Galaxy S.
The Answer
Hello,
Thanks for your reply to me.
Yes you are right about that. But it's also some other procedures needed to do with the game.
I guess the fix will be made in a short time.
Best regards,

Yeah I feel much better now lol

If I had the apk file for the motorola 3.1.2 ver of asphalt 6 would it work on my galaxy s? Or would i have to root my phone?

It depends on what GPU your motorola has and where you got the APK from. Chainfire3D may allow you to play it, but it doesn't appear like you have rooted yet so you wouldn't be able to use that.

If I had the apk file for the motorola 3.1.2 ver of asphalt 6 would it work on my galaxy s? Or would i have to root my phone?

3.1.2 should be the version that works best based on the tests we did between that Droid version and the actual galaxy S version so give it a try please.
I dont think you need to root to install that just make sure your phone is able to install non market apps.

@Vanquished please check the OP, this is an odd case where we found out that version of the Game not only looks better but runs better in the Galaxy S than the actual Galaxy S version.
Gameloft has been contacted about it too. ;)

@Vanquished please check the OP, this is an odd case where we found out that version of the Game not only looks better but runs better in the Galaxy S than the actual Galaxy S version.
Gameloft has been contacted about it too. ;)
Have they updated their official SGS version yet to correct it, or is the Moto version still faster on SGS?

I have not even tried to get the latest if there is one...I have little to no faith that this will be corrected to be honest.

Ah that's a shame. They had a 99 cent deal on several games the other weekend, but I held off b/c I no longer trust their official SGS versions being the fastest on the SGS.

Have you tried getting Galaxy on Fire 2 to work on your SGS?

Back
Top Bottom