• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help XOOM announced: 4g "upgradable". How?

I dono why remove one the major highlights out of your promo video? This was a major selling point, and now there removing traces of it...
That video change happened along side the announcement of the European version, which may not be getting a 4G upgrade, who knows?

Unless this changes (Motorola XOOM | Verizon Wireless), I'm not worried about it.

Upvote 0
Found it! Couldn't help myself lol!! ;)

I'm guessing 599 for wifi only and to ease the people who are buying 3G one for 799 the upgrade to 4G will be on the house.
A $200 reduction for removing a 3G radio? Doubtful.

Don't forget, Motorola will have to market/sell/distribute/support a Wi-Fi only version by themselves, all at added cost.

Upvote 0
I thought that the video service referred to youtube, but I would love access to an itunes-like store for movie rental or purchase. I think this is critical; what good is the HD display if you have to sideload your own movies?
No, in the WSJ article, he said music and video were coming, which he wouldn't have said, since YouTube is already here.
“There will be music service, there will be video service.”

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones