• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xperia X8 essentials

I've recently bought myself the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8. It's my first smartphone.
The thing is, I tried to install/flash the cyanogen ROM. And being a n00b with smartphones, I failed ofc. Eventually, after a few tries, I bricked the phone. I was caught in panic, I couldn't take it to the store because the warranty was probably void.

So I searched the web a bit and found a way to save my phone, and installed kuyaDROID custom ROM. And it's a really cool ROM I have to say!

The point of all this is, I wanted to put all the essentials together, to make life a bit easier for other Xperia X8 owners who like to experiment with their phones.
I've just gathered all this stuff of the net, so the credit goes to all the people who wrote those tutorials, and wrote all that software and ROM's, making the life's of others happier :)

I'm not gonna write a guide or something, I'm just gonna link to other peoples tutorials, and provide links to software.

Tutorials/instructions:

[ROM] kuyaDROID | v3.2.175 | CM 7.1.0-pre [Android 2.3.5] | updated 31-08-11 | - xda-developers
^^ kuyaDROID ROM

[GUIDE] How to rescue our bricked phone - xda-developers
^^ if you manage to BRICK your phone, go to this link.

http://androidforums.com/x8-all-thi...ick-root-install-use-xrecovery-xperia-x8.html

^^ instructions on how to root your Xperia X8 ˇˇ

http://androidforums.com/x8-all-things-root/213237-root-unroot-x8-1-6-detailed-explanation.html

Software:

android.zipx - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download ----> Everything in one zipx file

apps.zipx - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download ----> a few nice apps

baseband.zipx - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download -----> Flash baseband

flashtool&update.zipx - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download ----> Flashtool+update

generic_firmware.zipx - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download ----> generic firmware for bricked phones

SuperOneClickv2.1.1.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download----> SuperOneClick for rooting

xrecovery 0.1 for x8.zipx - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download ----> Xrecovery for Xperia X8

I'm new to this forum, so if anything's wrong with this post, let me know!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones