• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yellow tint appeared after UK ICS update!

late8

I have updated to the latest XEU official update 2 days ago. Whilst using my phone today for the first proper time since update I have noticed a Yellow tint all the way down the left of the screen !!!!!

I can't believe this has happened. In all the time i have had the S2 it has never shown this. Its visible on the keyboard and white backgrounds.

Just noticed something very strange whichmay answer some yellow tint issues.

The side of the screen that has the yellow tint is warm. After leaving the phone to see if it cooled the yellow tint has faded away to be barely noticeable !

I think it could be heat from holding the s2 in my left hand affecting the OLED!???

Your hand isn't hot enough to affect the screen.
It could be heat, but I'd guess internal if it is heat.

Or maybe you are having the One X issue of a flexing screen when being held that discolours the edge under pressure?

It shouldn't be an issue of flexing the screen as the gorilla glass display should give it more sturdy base.

If it really is an internal heat issue, check to see if the problem repeats itself. If it does then please take it to a service center, it maybe a serious hardware issue.

The tint has faded now since it was left overnight. I was using the phone fir a good hour or so when i noticed. The side of the screen was warm where the yellow tint appeared.

I

Even on playing 3d games continuously for an hour should not get the phone that hot.

Notice if it happens again, otherwise since the tint has gone now, there should be o more problems.

Back
Top Bottom