• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root You got a Favorite ROM???? Please Share!!!!

Ok... Here is the deal. I am currently on my DX (until the Gnexus) and have been rooted on it for a while now with a differnet ROM weekly (sometimes daily, I get really bored at work :D) but now I am wanting to root my wife's phone and to throw a different ROM on it. The Root process I already understand but trying to sifted through this forum (which is great :)) and find out which ROMs are great and which ones are not so stellar is being very time consuming.

If you could please just list your one favorite, top of the line (in your opinion) ROM and a brief description why? Battery life?

Thank you for your time in advance and it is nice to see you Thunderbolts have a very active forum.

Josh

Sense 3.5, Bamf SoaB is the best. (battery life wasn't that bad either. Id usually get about 8 hours of moderate usage on the standard battery.) So, if you're looking for the best sense rom, I'd go with that.

Non-sense (aka stock Android/AOSP) you can't really go wrong with CyanogenMod 7. Liquid is also pretty good. Battery life on both is better than any sense rom I've experienced.

Granted, roms will behave differently from Tbolt to Tbolt, so experiment and find which one suits your tastes.

Upvote 0
Granted, roms will behave differently from Tbolt to Tbolt, so experiment and find which one suits your tastes.

Agreed, you and her will likely need to flash several different roms to find out what she likes best. If she has never had an AOSP experience then I would encourage flashing Liquid 3.0 as it is my daily driver currently as well as many other's. If you teach her how to flash a rom properly then she would be able to do the experimenting and if she flashes a rom she doesn't like or just wants a change she would be able to do it on her own.

Upvote 0
For AOSP I like SHIFTAO5P. Just fast and buttery smooth for me (not that I've had a problem with liquid or CM7, I've used those too). Cant but a finger on it but I like it best and always go back to it after trying other AOSP roms.

For Sense I like touch my BAMF but only because it has a rotating dock and real dock bar unlike all other sense roms. For actual functionality Gingeritis 3D.

Upvote 0
I am running Liquid Smooth VigorSense v1.0 and this thing has no lag what so ever. I think its better than the Bamf SoaB. I read that its the same rom but stripped of all the bamf stuff and liquid loaded his own stuff to it. What ever he did I have no lag when hitting menu and so on. SO far a sense rom with no lag that I can tell so far. Of course YMMV.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones