• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your Favorite Halloween Movie

My favorite has been and continues to be, "The Exorcist", it always creeps me out. Released in 1973, a couple of years after the book, it definitely has that dated 70's look and feel to it but as a kid that was probably my first real horror movie.

Odd coincidence I just re-watched, "The Shining" a few weeks ago. Great film that still holds up really well decades after being made.

Upvote 0
so here is my list of modern horror....not classics like Frankenstein or Dracula.....though these could be called classics.

in no particular order:
Exorcist
the Conjuring
Poltergeist
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Saw
An Interview with a Vampire (not sure if you can classify this as horror, but i love this movie)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the OG, not the other crap that came out afterwards)
the Shinning
Hellraiser ( i love Pinhead!!!!!! and the new one that is on Netflix is actually not bad)

Upvote 0
235e9f61-dcd1-4fbf-896e-7d9f02c6b800_mq.jpg

Upvote 0
i have only seen that movie once live at a theater......talk about a spectacle!!! it was in Hollywood and almost everyone was dressed up, but it was not Halloween. they had a stage going where anybody could go up and act what is going on the big screen. there were dancers that came up during the musical parts. the crowd was great even though my group were virgins to the show.

don't know how i would feel watching it without the spectacle.....LOL

Upvote 0
I tried to watch the '78 Halloween yesterday for I think the first time.
I recorded it but may not view it.

Shame as I like Jamie Lee and she was promoting the final instalment here on TV recently.

Poltergeist was influential for me (lost two of the girls tragically young)

Wind Chill (small road movie with an unknown Emily Blunt) and The Abyss both had benign entities which I liked.

Upvote 0
I realize this thread is more about scary stuff, malicious ghosts, and such but there's a part of me that recalls Halloween as a youngster, it was just about carving a pumpkin and hoarding candy. So with that in mind, for over a decade each year my favorite Halloween show was , "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown."
GreatPumpkin.jpg

Upvote 0
I tried to watch the '78 Halloween yesterday for I think the first time.
I recorded it but may not view it.

Shame as I like Jamie Lee and she was promoting the final instalment here on TV recently.

Poltergeist was influential for me (lost two of the girls tragically young)

Wind Chill (small road movie with an unknown Emily Blunt) and The Abyss both had benign entities which I liked.
Funny you should mentioned The Abyss, I have it saved on my dvr for a while now, I should just watch it one of these days :)

Upvote 0
Funny you should mentioned The Abyss, I have it saved on my dvr for a while now, I should just watch it one of these days :)

The Abyss was a big budget movie but panned by the critics.

I always liked it. Nothing to do with Halloween, but roughly in "scary movie" territory.

James Cameron had directed the second Aliens (not the first) and would later do Terrminator 2, Titanic and so on.

I just read yesterday Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio and Ed Harris both had emotional and physical breakdowns because of the work load, and I'm sure because of some water scenes they had to shoot.

Definitely worth giving it an evening.

Upvote 0
I guess it didn't reach a satisfying climax
:mad:

Though I don't remember too much of the story now, there was a sense of mild disappointment that it plateaued too early .... or something... :thinking:

Still awesome to watch.
the whole storm and dealing with a crazed, pressure sickened, marine trying to set off a nuclear missile would have been enough for me. its great up until that point......don't get me wrong, i love the movie. i just wished the story had a better ending. but the movie i don't think qualifies as a good Halloween movie. it is good if there is nothing else to watch. or you have nothing better to do....lol

I Am Legend is another really good zombie/vampire movie. i here they are making a part 2 that comes out in 2023. not sure how or if this movie will get released due to Will Smith's slap heard around the world.....which is too bad cuz the first one is legit good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones