• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

YouTube alternative?

vosg

Android Expert
Aug 12, 2010
Antwerp, BE
Recent updates of the YouTube app have brought nothing but new bugs, without fixing old bugs that have been around for years. So I'm looking for a decent alternative.

It has to be able to show my subscribed channels, and it has to be able to play the video's at 720p or better. It also should NOT be able to play in the background, as I don't want to violate YouTube's license agreements. It also shouldn't be able to download video's for the same reason.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Idk, I did like viral pro/popup. Drag to scroll, orientation lock, video resolution on startup, screen lock, drag up/down on one side for volume and on the other for brightness. But seems that ALL 3rd party players no longer work as of a few weeks ago. Not sure if youtube changed the API or something. I did get a way to modify to modify to get max resolution on video start to work with a xposed app, but its iffy and only works SOMETIMES. That was mostly the big one as Data plans in Canada aren't great and even watching videos at 144p id still bust them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones