• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Youtube/Flash no sound HELP

I have a problem I have the HTC Vivid. I've download music from hulkshare and use flash but now I can hear from the web YouTube and when ever I want to hear my video or phones sound options the only thing I hear is when it rings for text or phone call and music I have on my phone

Please help if you can if not I'm go get he same phone without the problem.

I was watching YouTube and got no sound from any video I was watching. I went to other sites and the same thing was happening. I recently checked up on this issue and found a thread saying to take the battery out for five minutes and let android ICS update. So I done that, and it worked. Now today, the sound is gone again from any website I visit.
Is there a fix for this that anybody knows of?
And is this an issue with the phone or with ICS?:thinking:

Upvote 0
I was watching YouTube and got no sound from any video I was watching. I went to other sites and the same thing was happening. I recently checked up on this issue and found a thread saying to take the battery out for five minutes and let android ICS update. So I done that, and it worked. Now today, the sound is gone again from any website I visit.
Is there a fix for this that anybody knows of?
And is this an issue with the phone or with ICS?:thinking:

What do you mean by "let Android ICS update?" If it's that "updating apps" BS it goes through, AFAIK that's a bug with ICS that'll happen each time you reboot. Not sure what taking the battery out accomplishes that a simple reboot wouldn't though.

Upvote 0
Thank you guys for responding.

What I meant by let it update, a thread I read, when i googled this problem, someone had the same issue and they suggested to remove the battery, wait five minutes and put it back in. When I did that, my phone came on and said Andriod is upgrading, and it counts up to 117.. So I let the phone update.

I just restarted the phone and now i can hear sound from youtube again. This is the second time I've done this for this problem.

I'll get back to you guys if it happens again.

Wish me Luck! :)

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0
I had a problem with media starting and stopping, and no sound from youtube, although I had sound from ringtones, so I knew the physical speaker worked. After some research, I did a factory reset. No luck. I uninstalled all apps. No luck. So I did a 5 minute battery pull. No luck. Finally, I did an overnight battery pull = remove battery for 8 hours. Woke up, and assembled the battery to phone. My homescreen had 2 old icons that were right on right before I deleted the apps the night before. Maybe there is a buffer stack overflow in the droid deletion routine? (question for the devs). And so to continue, I started up my tunein radio and the sound and program work perfectly! Long story short, just try taking the battery out for 8 hours to fix your phone! ;-)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones