• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Z3+ accessories

omalls33

Lurker
Was checking out accessories and wondered if anyone had any experience with either the quick charge kit (is it worth it? Is it any different? Can you really fill up a considerable amount for 10mins?!) or the new dock.

I may purchase both, can't find the quick charge in stock anywhere though.

uploadfromtaptalk1436248025785.png
uploadfromtaptalk1436248032754.png

I had the dock for my Z1. It's a little flimsy and I had to take my case off whenever I wanted to use it. The cable was also pointlessly short.

It was handy when I wanted to watch a film at work as it's at a good angle but on the whole, I wouldn't say it's worth it tbh.

One of the boys had the dock for his Z2 and had the same opinions as me.

Quality may have improved, but I probably wouldn't get one again.

Last edited:
The DK26 for my Z was very disappointing; essentially just a glorified USB adaptor. Over £20 for a lump of plastic with a set of copper contact pins is having a giraffe!

The open USB port on the Z3+ means I can charge it easily from any of my bedside chargers (or the PC cable) so I'll pass.

Cases....
I have a Roxfit Ultra Slim Shell on mine right now. Fits perfectly, adds little to the volume, gives good protection. Highly recommended.

I've an urge for the Sony Style Case too, simply 'cos the notification window is sexy (and it will p*ss off our Samsung rep!), and am praying for Tech21 to support the Z3+ as I like having a 'ruggedised' case for use away from home. The CaseMate Tough for my Z is good but bulky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom