• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZAGG Invisible Shield for EVO: Shipped

Upvote 0
hmm... decisions decisions... I had a Zagg on my Pre, and while it protected it, I wasn't crazy about it's feel on my fingers as I tried to manipulate the screen with various gestures and commands.

does Clarivue last?

I hesitated with the ZAGG on my Pre because of the awkward shape. On my Zune HD, the ZAGG is perfect, and I can barely feel it.

Upvote 0
hmm... decisions decisions... I had a Zagg on my Pre, and while it protected it, I wasn't crazy about it's feel on my fingers as I tried to manipulate the screen with various gestures and commands.

I heard this too. A friend of mine said the Zagg didn't feel "smooth" and didn't like using it on his touchscreen so I ordered a PhantomSkinz.

Upvote 0
I heard this too. A friend of mine said the Zagg didn't feel "smooth" and didn't like using it on his touchscreen so I ordered a PhantomSkinz.

I just looked at the PhantomSkinz website. I would really like a Matte finish screen protector, but I'm having a hard time finding one. I'm not really into the clear glossy one, as they attract a bit more fingerprints than the matte.

Phantomskinz has the entire kit (front and back) for $25... I guess ill order this one for now, although the back piece would go to waste since I only want the front covered :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I may do BodyGuardz because they'll be available. But I'd like to end up with something from www.fullbodyfilms.com who does not have one for this product listed yet.

I've installed and tried them all for myself and members of my family on a bunch of i-stuff, but everyone ends up taking the other products off because mine with the Fullbody shield is a clear as clear can be, protected well (yes, I keep my iPod in my pocket with keys, change, or whatever else I carry), and it's not noticeable to the touch. I'm praying they make a shield for Evo.

Of the others, Bodyguardz has been my 2nd fave.

Upvote 0

I have a switcheasy screen shield on my iphone and it is smoother than the glass screen. I've felt other screen sheilds that had textures.

You're saying the zagg is somewhat rough vs what I am describing?

I'm trying to find the smoothest screen shield possible for the phone.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I am a fan of Phantom Skinz. After doing a lot of research for my Tour last year, I ended up going with PS. I was very pleased with the product. Of course, this wasn't a touchscreen.

PS has an option where you can mail your device to them, have them professionally install the skin, and mail your device back. I had mine overnighted both ways, so it was just gone a day, and the installation was perfect. You could barely tell it was there.

I just preordered a full-body skin from PS. I'm going to try to install this one myself. If anyone is interested, you can get 25% off right now by using the coupon code "spring25" during checkout. After the coupon, it comes out to just over $18 for two skins. Tought to beat.

Upvote 0
Reactions: NiCK Crush
Upvote 0
I ordered mine on the 13th and got them today, the 21st, in NC. I got the Full Body as well as the Maximum Coverage one, and will probably send one back. I think I'll have BestBuy install the Maximum Coverage one when I get the phone, because I've never installed a skin, and this one looks like a b**tch to install. The guy there has installed many Zaggs, and it seems worth 9$ to me. There is the issue of not being able to play with the EVO for 12 hours after Zagg installation, so we'll see.

I've got a Phantom coming also, incase the Zagg is too sticky, peels, whatever. No being obsessive about the EVO here.

Now if I could just find out if it has a lanyard loop ...

cwsanfor

Upvote 0
Go to the Zagg website and enter their weekly contest to win a free iPad. You will need to divulge your email but they'll give you a coupon for a percentage (as much as 50%) off one item. I just did this and was given 40 % off. The code I was given is: i36nna3j ...feel free to try it as it may also work for you. Full body guard shipped for ~17.00.

Reactions: thundrbird1
Upvote 0
Go to the Zagg website and enter their weekly contest to win a free iPad. You will need to divulge your email but they'll give you a coupon for a percentage (as much as 50%) off one item. I just did this and was given 40 % off. The code I was given is: i36nna3j ...feel free to try it as it may also work for you. Full body guard shipped for ~17.00.
Just signed up also and got my maximum shield for my soon to be new EVO at 16.49 shipped. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones