• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE U960 ROM Discussion

X5Masterchief,

Maybe I can help to find what was the problem with your subscription or your old phone.

Was it a pre-paid SIM card? If yes, please send a similar Pre-paid card to me (via mail) with low balance to me and I can try to trace...

so you'd better start saving some bucks for the new HTC T528W[/url]

Sure.

After one year a better phone shouldn't be expected should be mandatory.

In almost 30 years of IT, the U960 is the only piece of technology ever seen that lasted unbeaten for a whole year

then why zte u960 not famous like samsung,iphone,htc

Maybe because it's sold only in china and only for one operator ?

Yep!

ZTE becomes world's fourth largest smartphone maker

"...
ZTE has become the fourth largest smartphone manufacturer in the world, according to a report by the International Data Corporation (IDC), pushing HTC further down the list.
IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker put the Chinese telecommunications equipment and mobile device firm in fourth place in the third quarter, behind Samsung, Apple and RIM.

ZTE shipped 7.5 million smartphones in the third quarter of this year, helping it to take the place of HTC and almost pushing it past RIM, with just a 0.1 percent gap between them.

The success for the company is attributed to ZTE's expansion to markets outside of China, with 35 percent of the company's shipments coming from international markets, including North America, the UK, Switzerland, Turkey, Italy and Russia.

Please help.
I got a ZTE U 960 phone from etotalk and I have this problem:
When I turn on the phone, the screen remain black even it makes the opening sound.
Until now I installed only the latest ROm U960_MOD_v16c provided by etotalk.
I read the previous posts but I am very confused. I tried to follow the steps from http://androidforums.com/4380734-post370.html
but I failed.
I can't do anything because my screen is black and I can't see what happening with the phone.
Can you please help and some step by step instructions.
Thanks

Sure.

After one year a better phone shouldn't be expected should be mandatory.

In almost 30 years of IT, the U960 is the only piece of technology ever seen that lasted unbeaten for a whole year

Is it only me who thinks this u960 is just a regular/fair phone ?
Android 2.3 is a piece of Shi$&#! Lots of new apps are requiring 4.0, like new Instagram, chrome and others.
Lots of slowdowns, touch is not very sensible (try gently pressing "P" close to the corner), there's a big light leaking under the lower buttons.

I really just tolerate this phone because my main operator doesn't have 3G and I have to use another operator for internet connection.

I bought another phone from etotalk, the Newman N1, let's see how it works.

Thanks for help but I can't follow your advice because my phone screen in black. So I can't see anything on it. When I start my phone I can only hear the opening noise and I can see only the two leds flashing on the bottom of the phone screen but nothing more, no images nothing.

I try to use Join me software but I get an error message

Attachments

• Join me.jpg
    Join me.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 111
I try it but I get an error
even the phone is open and connected to my computer.
It is so bad because I can not see anything on the screen.
To be sure that the phone is open I first remove the battery from my phone, I wait for a minute, then I put the battery back to my phone, I open my phone (even I could see anything on my screen) and I heard the opening noise, I wait for a minute to be sure that it finish to open, then I connected the phone to my computer and I start the reco.bat file and I press 1+ enter and I get this error message that the cable is not connected.
I think that my computer can not see the phone and I don't know how to do it.

Attachments

• eror result.jpg
    eror result.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 115
I try it but I get an error
even the phone is open and connected to my computer.
It is so bad because I can not see anything on the screen.
To be sure that the phone is open I first remove the battery from my phone, I wait for a minute, then I put the battery back to my phone, I open my phone (even I could see anything on my screen) and I heard the opening noise, I wait for a minute to be sure that it finish to open, then I connected the phone to my computer and I start the reco.bat file and I press 1+ enter and I get this error message that the cable is not connected.
I think that my computer can not see the phone and I don't know how to do it.
first install this zte u960 usb cable detecting driver.exe
and then repeat previous procedure.second u root your mobile and u can also flash this recovery http://www.4shared.com/zip/BbwN8NHN/zte_u960_Recovery_Catty.html?
every new user of u960 for solving of every problem,first read all messages in the top of page link "likes"

I followed your indications and I get this errors.
Maybe I do something wrong ....
I tried both on XP and Windows 7

Attachments

• error when phone off.jpg
    error when phone off.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 111
  • error when phone on.jpg
    error when phone on.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 107
  • device manager phone off.jpg
    device manager phone off.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Device manager phone on.jpg
    Device manager phone on.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 95
  • recovery error.jpg
    recovery error.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 91
It seems that in all the advices that I get I must use or see the phone screen but as I told before I can't see anything on my phone screen. I need something to do without touching my screen or something that can make my phone screen alive, back to life..
Thanks anyway for trying to help me..

Back
Top Bottom