• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE U960 ROM Discussion

with DSFA . otherwise lenovo is better than u960. I have bought one for my wife. For me without DSFA is no go.

Better, means not more powerfull, means just better.

nowadays there are a number of smarphones with a more powerfull engine, but they aren't better phones, if you consider the phone's feature globally.

nowadays there are a number of smarphones with a more powerfull engine, but they aren't better phones, if you consider the phone's feature globally.

I don't care about theoretical things like the clock speed ram, etc. What I want is a good responsive phone which wont hung on me when i needed. Also battery is important for me , as i am a heavy user 2-3hrs of call and some browsing.For that aspect when comparing in actual usage situations a789 wins. But as I said DFSA is more important for me.

Do you think it may be possible to use a data only SIM (on 3 network in UK), in the SIM2 slot for data use only? I have tried to do this and when I try to select network it tells me this is not allowed with this SIM (because voice and SMS are active as well?). I have no idea why the networks block stuff like this. I could use a mifi hotspot with this SIM and connected my ZTE U960 to it and use the data the same.... I would rather use the phone as a mifi hotspot so I do not have to carry 2 device around with me......anyone know if there is a solution to this? 2 IMEI numbers? Can I switch off voice/SMS on SIM2 slot? Use IMEI from a device that is a data only device???

What do you think of ZTE Grand X or V970? It seems like this is the sucessor of the U960.

Here are the key specs

Code:
[LEFT]CPU: MTK6577 ARMv7 Cortex-A9 Dual-core 1.0GHz
[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]GPU: PowerVR SGX531 Ultra
RAM : 1GB / ROM : 4GB eMMC[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]MAX supports 64GB Class 12 Micro SD Memory Card (TF-Card)
3G - WCDMA 
[/LEFT]
Android 4.0.4
Dual Core 1.0GHz 
Dual Sim 
4.3" QHD, 540 x 960, 16M Colors (TBD),  IPS-LCD
Heres also a Video of it: Unboxing ZTE GRAND X V970 by ************

What do you think of ZTE Grand X or V970? It seems like this is the sucessor of the U960.

Here are the key specs

Code:
[LEFT]CPU: MTK6577 ARMv7 Cortex-A9 Dual-core 1.0GHz
[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]GPU: PowerVR SGX531 Ultra
RAM : 1GB / ROM : 4GB eMMC[/LEFT]
 [LEFT]MAX supports 64GB Class 12 Micro SD Memory Card (TF-Card)
3G - WCDMA 
[/LEFT]
Android 4.0.4
Dual Core 1.0GHz 
Dual Sim 
4.3" QHD, 540 x 960, 16M Colors (TBD),  IPS-LCD
Heres also a Video of it: Unboxing ZTE GRAND X V970 by ************

GT-B9062 looks interisting... anybody knows if this as dsfa and if there are multi language roms available?

still get no wcdma on my U960... getting sick of it...

Some people complained they have problems with local numbers - need to save 2 numbers at the phonebook. I had the same problem with one card. One provider ensures international format, one provider doesn't ensure.
To avoid this problem use Prefixer -http://www.253below.com/prefixer.
I don't know why, but it starts work when I put rules from prefixer's forum.

Some people complained they have problems with local numbers - need to save 2 numbers at the phonebook. I had the same problem with one card. One provider ensures international format, one provider doesn't ensure.
To avoid this problem use Prefixer -http://www.253below.com/prefixer.
I don't know why, but it starts work when I put rules from prefixer's forum.
how prefixer work with messages.only messages comes with international format +xxxxxxxxxxxx.javerin; if u not bother please tell this procedure step by step.

I also ordered the 1700 mAh battery from obostore but it's not for ZTE u960 but for v960 :(
They have put a wrong product name... now I'll try to get a refund...

It's some kind of scam, they know all about it but have been doing it for close to a year now. They will give you the refund but you have to ship the wrong battery back to them first at your expense.

Gents can somebody do me a big big favor?
Can somebody make screenshots from the taps of the Service Programming QPST software (after read out from phone)???

seems to be there is something wrong with the wcdma settings...

witch bulit do you guys use?

regards from germany!

Gents can somebody do me a big big favor?
Can somebody make screenshots from the taps of the Service Programming QPST software (after read out from phone)???

seems to be there is something wrong with the wcdma settings...

witch bulit do you guys use?

regards from germany!

Build no is on the screen shot, I dont know is these ones are you after

Attachments

Thanks for screens mate!
Can you also make some screenshots from the other tabs?

Just delet you imei ;)

PS: you can just make a screenshot of the active window pressing ALT+PRINT ;)

It's some kind of scam, they know all about it but have been doing it for close to a year now. They will give you the refund but you have to ship the wrong battery back to them first at your expense.

They told me I can get other items for the price of the battery ($8.99) without ask me to ship it back to them.... I hope it's true...

My U960 had a cracked screen after I drop it and move my bike on it :-|
Replacement screen only at etotalk for $100.

So I decided I'm going to buy a new phone, mainly because I'm not satisfied with U960: touch screen is not so sensible, lags when using some programs, even typing with swype.

I've read this Z970 review and it seems nice for me, even it's not DSFA, what I really need is to be able to receive calls on both lines when I have active data connection (SIM2).
Front camera is not as essential as notification led.
"When data is used, both sim’s is online and can receive calls, as with MT6575." ---> Does anybody know if it is really real???

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Symantec found a HACKTOOL on my computer:

SuperOneClickv2.3.2-ShortFuse.rar>>SuperOneClickv2.3.2-ShortFuse\Exploits\zerg...

I have downloaded but have never used this program.

BR,
Tamas

Hi Guys,

Symantec found Today on my computer a HACKTOOL:

SuperOneClickv2.3.2-ShortFuse.rar>>SuperOneClickv2.3.2-ShortFuse\Exploits\zerg...

I downloaded but never used.

BR,
Tamas

Symantec is getting beter, now has discovered that an hack tool is an hack tool :D

Back
Top Bottom