• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE U960 ROM Discussion

On my phone I see two imei number under psn section ( see my post http://androidforums.com/4702869-post973.html )

Why do you see only one IMEI ? I suspect that this could be the cause of your problem... you dont' have the imei and your operator does not like phone with no imei..

Yeah but I thought that even this should be normal?
ETO said this to me in a 5-hour-skype-troubleshooting session, too.

And if not, how should I change one to two?

I will try to install the Catty Rom and tell you more after testing it...

edit: I tried the MOD 1.6c before and it does not work!

Sometimes the SIM1 works for no reason until I reboot the phone again.

Thanks, Daniel

I will try to install the Catty Rom and tell you more after testing it...

edit: I tried the MOD 1.6c before and it does not work!

Sometimes the SIM1 works for no reason until I reboot the phone again.

Thanks, Daniel
Try to put 2 IMEI on it and see does it make any difference?(normally it wont but it is worth a try)

Thanks, Daniel

When I first tried to flash rom 2B06 using the on-click-update tool the update process failed at 89% and the result was a phone with no imei.
Then I restored the imei using the QPST software and after this process the phone had two imei numbers.
Does EtoTalk support say that it's correct having only one imei ?

EDIT: You can follow this steps in order to use QPST http://androidforums.com/4657495-post930.html

Hi together,

I follow up this thread for maybe two weeks now and have the problem that no SIM card works in SLOT1.
It is completely unimportant if it is 128k, 72k, 64k, regardless of the vendor etc.
If I put the card (without SIM-Lock) into S1 the following cycle runs forever:

No RUIM Card (20sec.) > connected Network (2sec.) > No Service (15sec.) > No RUIM Card (20sec.) > ...

I bought the phone from ETO and the support is working on it but they don't find any good solutions.

I also tried every different ROM I can get, updated the Basebands in the whole range between B13 and 2B06. When I try to flash a baseband or rom to 2B08, the shown BB in the menu is still B06W or B06T.

I also tried all the solutions provided in this thread.
Does anyone has another idea?

Thanks!

Is your APN properly configured ?

Are the data correctly set to use the SIM2 ?

Sometimes, if the SIM1 is choosen for data and SIM1 has the wrong apn the SIM1 keeps disconnecting as you describe.

Hi together,

I follow up this thread for maybe two weeks now and have the problem that no SIM card works in SLOT1.
It is completely unimportant if it is 128k, 72k, 64k, regardless of the vendor etc.
If I put the card (without SIM-Lock) into S1 the following cycle runs forever:

No RUIM Card (20sec.) > connected Network (2sec.) > No Service (15sec.) > No RUIM Card (20sec.) > ...

I bought the phone from ETO and the support is working on it but they don't find any good solutions.

I also tried every different ROM I can get, updated the Basebands in the whole range between B13 and 2B06. When I try to flash a baseband or rom to 2B08, the shown BB in the menu is still B06W or B06T.

I also tried all the solutions provided in this thread.
Does anyone has another idea?

Thanks!
Thanks a lot for your experience report because I am also German and I have exactly the same problem with slot1 too. There is not only the O2 SIM problem as described here. Also E-Plus SIM cards don't work as O2 SIM cards in slot1 (No RUIM Card) and with most Vodafone SIM cards the phone crashes or freezes mostly while phoning or surfing. With my new Vodafone all-net-flat (DeutschlandSIM) there seems to be less a problem in slot2 than my original Vodafone SIM card (I don't know how to identify 128k, 72k, 64k) but I think there is generally a very big problem with both basebands in Germany, but most notably in SIM1 baseband (SLOT1).

I plan to use my Vodafone all-net-flat incl. 200 MB data plan in slot2 because of the 3G usability in slot2 and my O2 conventional telephone network number for incoming calls in slot1 but I got a baseband problem.

I was glad too early when I wrote "we are at the end of this long story". ZTE didn't manage the Dual SIM function for all countries in the world equally well.
Sometimes, if the SIM1 is choosen for data and SIM1 has the wrong apn the SIM1 keeps disconnecting as you describe.
I've a correct APN (web.vodafone.de) and it functions very well in slot2 but when I put my German Vodafone SIM card in slot1 there is mostly no internet connection although there seems to be a good coverage in the indicator. Because that in slot1 is only EDGE usable in Germany/Europe and EDGE is indicated only sometimes with the green "E"-connection-arrows I think Vodafone has a very bad EDGE radio reception in Germany. Is there another German user with the same connection problems in slot1?

Thank you auktionadm, I'm not alone^^

News: I installed cattys ROM 1.5.1 wipe and now the Medioncard in S1 gets detected.
When I try to call my working vodafone card in S2 or somebody else, the call function hangs up.
When I switch the cards, everything works!

Unfortunately this is useless for me cause I need it the other way round, Medion in S1 and Vodafone in S2.

I will try the IMEI thing later.

APN's are configured properly and the WAN connection is also set to S2 else I could not use the HSDPA ability.

Maybe ETO will have some additional tips...

EDIT: I flashed the second IMEI from an old old phone nobody will ever use again.
The result is no change at all (except that I have t IMEI now)

Update: Etotalk told me to change the Baseband to B13 but they seem not to have the B13 themselves. Does somebody have a B13 *.pac?
Thank you.

Ok, found the following interesting things..

I made the following steps: installed QPST and made a backup.qcn file via Software Download program.

I found my IMEI in this backup under NV item 550 (NV_UE_IMEI_I).

My IMEI is 565645000328980 (not my real IMEI)

In the qcn file i found:
Code:
NV_UE_IMEI_I 0: 08 5a 56 46 05 00 23 98 08
If I'm reversing the numers its:
Code:
80a565645000328980
Witch is actually the IMEI wit a leading 80a

Can I input a other imei and restore this file??? The application Service Programming does not work (no connection).

Is it possible to write an other IMEI under NV_UE_IMEI_I 1 for the second sim module? Does it also need a leading 80a?

[EDIT: ON]
Maybe anybody has the U960 from etotalk with the two IMEI option and can make a backup file like i did???
I got my mobile from eto, but in that time they haven't the two IMEI thing available and they (until now) do not want to give me the needed informations...
[EDIT: OFF]

Hope for help 'cause I do not want to brick it yet ;)

regards
All credit to NetMare

To get two imei or to change the imei to your like you have to use QPST
1. Change current IMEI(optional ) via menu-settings-applications-developement- set imei(works only on certain roms- you can always flash and revert)
2. install qpst on a xp 32 pc(i used w7 32 without problem) for safe side, make sure u got drivers installed correctly by joinme
Install QPST and create a backup qcn file
3. Note the port no of ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface form the device manager.
4. Use qpst configurator to select the phone and port.
5. Use Software downloader to backup nv ram
6. Use service programing to set new imei ,put 14 digits as TAC- FAC-SNR (6-2-6)

YOU WILL NOW HAVE 2 IMEI, Check via *983*154#
nothingman76 you did this process.
i reached QPST software download.my zte u960 present in com4 port.i backup qcn file name DEADD00D_0.I found my IMEI in this backup under NV item 550. i Use service programing to set new imei ,put 14 digits as TAC- FAC-SNR (6-2-6)
i have two IMEI Check via *983*154#.but check via*#06# show one IMEI.why?please explain.thankyou NetMare&abynk

nothingman76 you did this process.
i reached QPST software download.my zte u960 present in com4 port.i backup qcn file name DEADD00D_0.I found my IMEI in this backup under NV item 550. i Use service programing to set new imei ,put 14 digits as TAC- FAC-SNR (6-2-6)
i have two IMEI Check via *983*154#.but check via*#06# show one IMEI.why?please explain.thankyou NetMare&abynk

I'm in the same situation.
I can see two imei with *983*145# but I've only one imei showed via *#06# and I see only one imei with qcnview under NV item 550.

Code:
            NV item: 550 [NV_UE_IMEI_I], index 0
               NV_UE_IMEI_I 0: 08 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
               NV_UE_IMEI_I 1: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
               NV_UE_IMEI_I 2: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
               NV_UE_IMEI_I 3: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
               NV_UE_IMEI_I 4: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
               NV_UE_IMEI_I 5: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
               NV_UE_IMEI_I 6: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
               NV_UE_IMEI_I 7: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I really don't know if this is right or wrong...

i think zte u960 both sims send one same original IMEI to the networks.forgive me i think second IMEI is a delusion.my star A1200 shows two IMEI when i dial *#06#.

Just install battery monitor widget and push the test button you will be able to see the detailed raido infos for each sim including separate IMEIs

On my phone I see two imei number under psn section ( see my post http://androidforums.com/4702869-post973.html )

Why do you see only one IMEI ? I suspect that this could be the cause of your problem... you dont' have the imei and your operator does not like phone with no imei..

I am very curious about this two IMEI numbers under your psn section. I have done updates through 2B08 and still have one IMEI. Can you tell me how you managed to get two IMEI and what ROM you have on your phone?

Sometimes ago I downloaded B13 .pac file from malshenzu.com
I've uploaded the file here Download 81 4747 7bb08e5e247e465.rar

Note: I've just downloaded the file but I've never tried to install it...

Ok. Ive installed B13 through research and now I only have one Baseband when I type *983*1275#

It is the same problem like here (for me it shows B03) and I really get mad with this phone.

what happened!? I never had that problem after changing the Baseband Version. :confused:

Ok. Ive installed B13 through research and now I only have one Baseband when I type *983*1275#

It is the same problem like here (for me it shows B03) and I really get mad with this phone.

what happened!? I never had that problem after changing the Baseband Version. :confused:
I've not tried the B13 .pac file yet but I tried several basebands. Unfortunately I haven't found a baseband which solve our problem with the German SIM cards in SLOT1

I'm also tired to search the correct baseband for our problem. I am forced to swap the SIM cards if I need the internet connection - I really get mad with this phone too. I get mad, particularly if my phone crashes and freezes/hangs up when SLOT1 is empty or a "wrong" SIM card inside! Can you explain me how to identify the 128k, 72k, 64k SIM cards?

I hope Etotalk will provide ICS with working baseband support for Germany soon. The other problem is that ZTE seems to have problems with the basebands in ICS too. So I expect the update not until the next days. We can hope if ZTE will do the update this year but I am unsure if they solve our specific problem.

I made the international version of the multi kernel flasher, and i assembled it together with six flavor of the 02b08 kernel.

DepositFiles

Just download and unpack the file, then launch the boot_change.bat script (keep one eye on the phone to authorize the process, if never done before).

then choose the kernel you want to use, (the file names should be self-explanatory), the kernels are built by LadyGeGe from Malshenzu forum, thanks to him for his work.

I did some color coding to have a quick feedback of the kernel in use

1eq5qt.png

Keep in mind that the 1.4Ghz/397MB (purple) version is experimental, and likely not stable, you should use it for testing purpose only.

I updatede to this kernel without problems, wiped the phone, and dalvik cache, but when entering *983*154# the phone still says Software Version:
ZTE U960 2B03 MOD Catty V1.5.1/ZTE U960 2B03 MOD Catty V1.5.1
U960SPV1.0.2B08/ZTE_U960_V1.0.2B03

When booting the phone it correctly displays the colored for the kernel mod i selectede.

How come i still get this ?

I've not tried the B13 .pac file yet but I tried several basebands. Unfortunately I haven't found a baseband which solve our problem with the German SIM cards in SLOT1

Etotalk told me that this B13 Baseband could resolve the issue.
In my case it removed the first Baseband completely and I still have no idea how to restore it. ^^

I'm also tired to search the correct baseband for our problem. I am forced to swap the SIM cards if I need the internet connection - I really get mad with this phone too. I get mad, particularly if my phone crashes and freezes/hangs up when SLOT1 is empty or a "wrong" SIM card inside! Can you explain me how to identify the 128k, 72k, 64k SIM cards?

Hm, my phone doesn't hang with ETO Rom V1.6c...
Often it is written on the SIM itself. I have not found a way to identify the size in the phone itself.

Unfortuantely I have a 1&1 card where the capacity is not written on the card. Only my Medion card shows the size of 72k.

I hope Etotalk will provide ICS with working baseband support for Germany soon. The other problem is that ZTE seems to have problems with the basebands in ICS too. So I expect the update not until the next days. We can hope if ZTE will do the update this year but I am unsure if they solve our specific problem.

This Problem is unfortunately not only about hope. I paid about 350€ incl. Shipping and Taxes to get this phone and when I paid so much money I expect it simply to work as advertised.

And when EtoTALK won't provide us a stable update which resolves the problem there must be a massive refund request of every affected user with this problem.

Then we will also have some chance to get an update.

I updatede to this kernel without problems, wiped the phone, and dalvik cache, but when entering *983*154# the phone still says Software Version:
ZTE U960 2B03 MOD Catty V1.5.1/ZTE U960 2B03 MOD Catty V1.5.1
U960SPV1.0.2B08/ZTE_U960_V1.0.2B03

When booting the phone it correctly displays the colored for the kernel mod i selectede.

How come i still get this ?

Kernel is kernel, the *983*154# panel shows the infos about system and basebands, not kernel.

Ohh, so i need to update the rom some other way or am i already running the newest ?

I still got lots of problems with freezes and bluetooth not working on sim1.

Obviously your rom doesn't get updated by a miracle, if you want the latest official rom (basebands, system and kernel) updated to the latest official version you must follow the istructions you can find in my signature.

Then you can replace the kernel with the Overclocked one, and you can use also a modded rom (which is not necessarily based on the latest official one)

Back
Top Bottom