• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZTE Warp Sequent Screen shattered

mxrida97

Ok to make this post simple and to the point I need some help and/or a guide on dis-assembly and re-assembly of the ZTE Warp Sequent. I shattered my screen and need to know how to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

that would be awesome. the only issue i see is the availability of the parts. i have never seen a replacement screen for a sequent in my life

where did you find one.tho? ive seen replacements for warp n860 but never for a sequent n861 and they are completely different shape and size

where did you find one.tho? ive seen replacements for warp n860 but never for a sequent n861 and they are completely different shape and size

thanks. and i found it on ebay just the other day.payed 18.96 i believe free shipping and it comes with the tools to replace it. i made sure it was the right screen though. theres a couple for sale there actually if you look.

heres the link
Touch Panel Screen Digitizer Lens Flex Cable for ZTE Warp Sequent N861 Warp 2 II | eBay

Well that's just impossible... the lcd is glued to the digitizer... there is no way you will be able to remove your lcd from your broken digitizer without damaging it... Trust me return it and buy the lcd/digitizer combo... they shouldn't even be allowed to sell the digitizer alone...

never know, depends on how strong the glue is and how careful you are. im quite sure it can be done though maybe not as easily as a phone that just uses the double sided tape

mind you youre about to be mighty pissed when you get it and realize it doesnt come with anything to adhere the.new one lol

the bond is very solid...if you had a lcd without the digitizer, you would be able to save the digitizer(but you would be swearing the whole time)...

IMG_20131003_094341_zps403ef9ed.jpg

this is where i gave up... I had a bad lcd and wanted to salvage the digitizer. I gave up because i couldn't find any lcd screens without the digitizer and it became pointless to save the digitizer.... It's on there solid!!!

couldnt you soften up the glue with something tho? some type of solvent would help alot and as long as its kept away from the.phone.internals and not allowed to get inaide ghe lcd casing should be good to go

couldnt you soften up the glue with something tho? some type of solvent would help alot and as long as its kept away from the.phone.internals and not allowed to get inaide ghe lcd casing should be good to go

the whole assembly is so fragile.. i don't know how you would apply the solvent without damaging your lcd in the process... the digitizer is glued to the lcd and the lcd is double sided taped to the main housing of the phone... there is no screws holding any of the screen parts. Also the adhesive used is clear with no bubbles and it is applied on the entire surface of the lcd.... Again nearly impossible to replicate... the digitizer alone should not be allowed to be sold. it is a scam!

pull the lcd/digitizer out and sit it face down in a pan of glue remover was what i was thinking. make sure its just barely submerged enough to get in between the two and let it soak till it can be just pulled apart. reproducing the glue method would be nearly impossible but im sure.there are other, better ways to reapply it

i do agree with you they shouldnt sell them at least not without a big warning message but it cant be impossible, nothing is impossible

yay i win. lol but yea that is gonna suck, personally id.just buy a new.one on.ebay.youd probably pay the.same amount

lol... yeah the price difference between the full assembly and the digitizer alone is not worth the time and hassle to transfer the lcd to the new digitizer... :)

hell the price of a working sequent is ******edly low if you are patient enough. id just buy a while new one and have spare parts XD

I dropped my phone yesterday. Screen is destroyed. I'm thinking of ordering the part smartmanvartan posted, if its easy enough to replace and works on the boost phone. Also, do I need the "Full LCD" or just the "digitizer glass"? Or both? At about $45, I'll just buy another phone.

I cant find a disassemble video and I've never done anything like this. General help and tips would be helpful if i try this.

go for the digitizer and lcd combo it is much easier to replace ... as for the video, I've been saying I'm gonna do one but always have too little time to do it.. I will make a point of making it this week.

Thanks. But when I dropped the phone it somehow broke the ability to charge. I ended up getting a HTC One SV instead on the cheap. ($199 instead of $279.)

Back
Top Bottom