• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root zte warp4g -> zte max

suprafreak

Will all the roms/kernels and cwm being made for the zte warp4g be able to run on the max? all the specs are the same except for the screen size and density. It has the same ram, cpu, gpu, storage, front cam, rear cam. and most likely wifi.

well i flashed my phone with the zte source (9511) while our zte warp 4g is (9510) and even though it's the same specs the 9511 is for the criket wireless nework and the flash went through but i had no video on the screen.even the cwm was invisible but you can still scroll around reboot by counting how many times you move the up and down keys.. at least i was able to recover my rom back to normal by reflashing cwm through the adb shell on the pc side

Short answer: Probably, but only with a kernel built for the max.

Longer answer: Most of these phones probably run the exact same copy of the os, maybe with minor differences. The big issues are carrier-specific apk's and device-specific kernels. The majority of the what's in the rom will probably be swappable between devices.

I wouldn't recommend it. Its not kernel level stuff that's specific, there are also OS layer specific drivers.
Yes it has been done, but its a pain to get everything working.

I think we will be seeing alot of the same roms/kernels/recoverys for the zte devices, but they would be built differently to support the specific phone- i would think

Oh and ill have the Max in about a week, why not have this phone... but bigger!! So far they reviews point out its lower quality 720p display (not a problem), and somewhat of a lag when heavy multitasking, but hey isnt that what custom kernels are for

I've been too busy Loving the capabilities and potential of this Warp 4G to even want the Max.... Hence being the forum named: "Warp 4G"
Your cellphone pockets are only so big... Why push it and buy something you can't even put in ur pocket?! Lmao, "To each their own"

Aye to each their own. Any inquiry of the warp4g belongs in this forum.. the name of the THREAD in this forum is zte warp4g -> zte max... and im not into skinny jeans or wranglers bcrichster so i wouldnt kno anything about not having enough pocket space.. why come to the thread and laugh??

Aye to each their own. Any inquiry of the warp4g belongs in this forum.. the name of the THREAD in this forum is zte warp4g -> zte max... and im not into skinny jeans or wranglers bcrichster so i wouldnt kno anything about not having enough pocket space.. why come to the thread and laugh??

Me neither, lol. I wear carpenter jeans cuz I learned a long time ago that skinny/tight jeans isn't exactly conducive to sk8boarding. Lmao... This Warp4G barely fits in my cell pocket and just couldn't imagine trying to handle a bigger phone. I was in a playful mood for once and apologize for any offense taken. But I am grateful that ZTE has given us a door in these devices for Dev work. The guys in this community have done wonders. Props!

Oh and ill have the Max in about a week, why not have this phone... but bigger!! So far they reviews point out its lower quality 720p display (not a problem), and somewhat of a lag when heavy multitasking, but hey isnt that what custom kernels are for

For those specs, the MAX is overpriced. Only thing it has going is a bigger screen. But $300 would land a better quality phone if you look around.

For those specs, the MAX is overpriced. Only thing it has going is a bigger screen. But $300 would land a better quality phone if you look around.

That is very true. I'm biased at the moment towards ZTE since I'm having oh so much fun with this batch of devices ;)
I'm planning on grabbing this device towards the end of march.

lol well... no i am happy with the warp 4g
its the biggest phone i had so far
any bigger and i wouldnt be able to text one handed.
i prefer higher screen quality over how big the screen is
so i prolly wont be getting a max. no offense. probably cant tell the diff. anyway.
i just thought it was fascinating how similar the hardware is between the two phones.
its like they just placed a bigger screen/shell over the warp

besides if i get a max/note/any other phablet
all other phones will just feel too small lol
itll ruin everythinnggg lol

lol well... no i am happy with the warp 4g
its the biggest phone i had so far
any bigger and i wouldnt be able to text one handed.
i prefer higher screen quality over how big the screen is
so i prolly wont be getting a max. no offense. probably cant tell the diff. anyway.
i just thought it was fascinating how similar the hardware is between the two phones.
its like they just placed a bigger screen/shell over the warp

besides if i get a max/note/any other phablet
all other phones will just feel too small lol
itll ruin everythinnggg lol

I'm mainly wanting for the screen size. I rarely go over 250-300 minutes a month, and so use my phone for games/internet/etc. I'm pretty sure the max is just a reshelled warp4g XD

I have the same problem with getting a bigger phone. I hated using phones with a screen larger than ~3.5" because I can wrap my hand around it. Now I'm not as caring as long as I can safely hold it :)

I'm mainly wanting for the screen size. I rarely go over 250-300 minutes a month, and so use my phone for games/internet/etc. I'm pretty sure the max is just a reshelled warp4g XD

I have the same problem with getting a bigger phone. I hated using phones with a screen larger than ~3.5" because I can wrap my hand around it. Now I'm not as caring as long as I can safely hold it :)

i often finding myself holding my phone like a gorilla if theres just one little button i got to press on the top left corner of the screen lol

the reason why i made this thread.
people might have both :)

let the testing beginnn!!!
please have cwm tho lol
maybe junkies rooting method will work the same?

im running 360 pixel density from that pimp my rom app on the warp4g so im sure the max can be tricked out as far as the screen goes.. this warp just has a beautiful screen.

I will have both :) and emulate like a bad mamajamma psp -ds -dreamcast- 64 ps1 u name it.. Love my warp4g no doubt, its so james bond ha jus want a bigger screen for entertainment.

I will have both :) and emulate like a bad mamajamma psp -ds -dreamcast- 64 ps1 u name it.. Love my warp4g no doubt, its so james bond ha jus want a bigger screen for entertainment.

Yes. i got a case with stand and that ps3 controller app from sony. it works like a charm. its not quite there playing psp games yet but once a stable oc kernel comes out it will do much better.
i got 360 ppi
with screen dithering on
and holy crap
1080p movies look sharp.
im going on 10 hours with no charge. and im at 40% battery right now.
great battery. good cpu. great gpu. good ram. awesome 4g.
if boost max performs the same way...then it may be worth me getting it.

I know this isn't the right thread, but I'm looking at the Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone and I want to know is it possible to put this phone under boost mobile?

Back
Top Bottom