• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZV6 V.5 Stock Mod - Debloated - No Gapps

Hmmm, i don't have issue with audio play back just alarms. if i turn the alarm on set it to maybe a minute, turn the alarm sound to max i won't get any sound just the vibration and notification.
I had this issue with the stock alarm well, it may have something to do with choosing a custom ringtone instead of the one thats built in. Ended up switching to Gentle Alarm in the app store which works for me.

Upvote 0
I had this issue with the stock alarm well, it may have something to do with choosing a custom ringtone instead of the one thats built in. Ended up switching to Gentle Alarm in the app store which works for me.

Maybe i switched back to the default alarm ringtone and didn't work still. Im a little spectical of none stock alarm clocks..used to have one but it failed me quite a few times.

Upvote 0
how to disable the SIM card slot to avoid the message "No SIM card"?
how to remove the request for activation?

delete STK.apk and activation. apk. if it persists delete sprint hidden menu apk. may come down to deleteing phone apk along with contacts apk. won't need them for just WiFi anyway. my nieces volt runs great on wifi without any of these apks. I would try to achieve it without removing phone and contacts if possible in case you make wifi calls. otherwise send them to the scrap heap.

Upvote 0
delete STK.apk and activation. apk. if it persists delete sprint hidden menu apk. may come down to deleteing phone apk along with contacts apk. won't need them for just WiFi anyway. my nieces volt runs great on wifi without any of these apks. I would try to achieve it without removing phone and contacts if possible in case you make wifi calls. otherwise send them to the scrap heap
a program to remove?

Upvote 0
yeah these are apps in /system/app and /system/priv-app. install a file manager like root explorer to delete the apps then reboot. be sure you have a ROM backup to restore in case you run in to any issues or have this ROM saved for reflashing on if you need to.
did not help. writes an incorrect SIM card, or no SIM card (if it is to get it out of the slot)
How to add the phone menu point distribution wi-fi

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Curtis
The ROM looks awesome! But just wanted to confirm....did you also debloat LGATCMD Service and/or Software Update?
I learned from another thead that debloating those 2 will prevent PRL/Profile updating. I'm currently using RingPlus so I need to keep PRL updating. thanks in advance

Those items should be fully working in the rom. I am on stock again also and prl updates are working fine for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones