• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZVB trying to update

Hey guys, a while back I was using my esteem.

Recently I reactivated the phone for someone, and the LG support tool will not upgrade my phone from ZVB to ZVE. As of now I'm stuck and not sure what is the next step if the LG tool doesn't work. It says I have the latest, but obviously don't.

If anyone has advice, please tell me.

Hello, i see u havn sum probs. Have you unistalled all drivers and lg update tool? If not i would try starting all over and follow the lg update tool to the t. Uninstall drivers n tool and start fresh, dont hav any other programs running either. And the phone itself is not rooted, correct? Try to reinstall everything again, and if yoh hav made a bkup of the fone, i would then do a factory reset, take battery out, then while the battery is out, hold the power button dwn for 5mins atleast, then put the battery bk to n and power it up, dnt hav it connected to comp yet! After it boots, and its finished, power it off and then do the factory reset with the power button and volume trick, it will ask you if you are sure to do factory reset, yes and the phone will reboot, after it is finished, then reinstall the drivers and the lg update tool, and go from there, let me know how it goes, me or someone in here will get u bk up n running!

On the lg update tool have u clicked on the options n try the recovery option, and i kno the recovery update option will unroot and update u tool zve, ive used it to unroot and return to stock to return my phone, so i kno that it will unroot you

When I did that, it just got stuck. It stopped the counting thing after 2 minutes and doesn't do anything after that.

I'm running Windows 8.1

Ok lets start over, when you plug fone into comp and set the fone to usb the computer recognize your fone? Then when you go to lg and run the update, it says your up to date? Do you hv a bk up of ur zvb stock? If so can you get to stock zvb unrooted?

My phone is reconiqed on my computer,
and LG support tool does locate it,
Says it has the latest firmware,
tried the recovery option like you mentioned but it doesn't do anything.
Yes I can unroot it, i have ZVB.

No backup, sorry.

I really appreciate this.

I think we are going to have to do it step by step, u gna have to go from zvb to zvc to zvd, unless windows 8 has something to do with it, have you tried the lgnpst and go from there, like bk in the day we all had to go threw zvb to zvc lol, or maybe try different computer, im on vista, and you reinstalled everything already, try unrooting fone and hookup to lg update and go to options n recovery and try it again, while i try read up on it more for ya, dnt gt frustrated we will gt it! Jus take ur time

This is what I get.

Attachments

• blah.PNG
    blah.PNG
    13.3 KB · Views: 83
Now on the top right corner you tried the recovery option? And like i said i kno it unrooted my rooted fone n updated me from zvd to zve but just incase for sum odd reason are u unrooted?

Ok ive thought of everything i kno, . U try different computer? Ok unroot phone to complete stock, then do power button and volume factory reset, that should have u zvb stock, let me know when you have that done

Ok lets do this, if you haven't unrooted yet then stay rooted or gt bk to root. My bad. I just came across a post, once you are rooted go to all things root and look forr the add ons and start stock files, sumone posted they flashed fro.m zvb to zvd with no problems, if that works then just maybe then lg update tool will work, bt like i said make sure u reinstalled everything after unistalled the drivers and re-download lg update tool to, n make sure you reboot comp after unistalling and reinstalling, ive not read that can make a big difference, let me know

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=3997021 its on 1st page in the all things root, go dwn till u see add ons then click, make sure wen u go to it ur on page one and u will c zvd file but do as instructions say, its nt like flashing a rom u hv to put in the cwm folder, hopefully the link is right if dnt u should c it dwn bout 10 to 15 posts the link will take you there

Back
Top Bottom