• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Move apps to micro sd card

Some phones don't have that option, this might be the case on your phone. If you however want to store photos or other media you can change your default storing path for those. If you want to store ie. Spotify music on sd card you can just go to spotify settings and change storing device/location. As being said not all devices allow apps to be stored on sd, other media is more likely to be allowed.

- Jacob

Move to SD Card Greyed Out

I'm surprised you could move any third party app with your old phone, because this requires the developer to support it and many do not (increasingly so with many phones not having SD cards and Google dropping support for this feature back in Android 4 - it's been retained or added back by many manufacturers, but isn't a core feature of the OS any more). Hence I'd always expect there to be a significant fraction of user-installed apps that cannot be moved.

The one thing you could try is installing adb on your computer, enabling usb debugging on the phone, connect via USB, check adb is working and talking to your phone using the comment "adb devices", and if that finds the phone and responds use the command "adb shell pm set-install-location 2" - that sets the default to "install apps to SD". You'll have to move any you already have installed by hand, but it might fix whatever is blocking it.

How to increase image quality in android camera2 api

The only way you have to increase your image quality is increasing your ImageReaderSize to the biggest resolution:

Code:
mImageReader = ImageReader.newInstance(pictureSizeValue.getWidth(), pictureSizeValue.getHeight(), format, maxImages);

Also, you can improve the quality using the key CaptureRequest.JPEG_QUALITY in your CaptureRequest.

Java:
mCaptureRequestBuilder.set(CaptureRequest.JPEG_QUALITY, (byte) 100);

More: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...-using-camera-2-api-android/41809079#41809079
Yes Done it already.Any other Way

Attachments

• Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    53.1 KB · Views: 348

S Pen Motion Controls

Question, how does the S pen charge? Is it a stand alone charge device or does is pull it's charge from the phone. Never owning a Note, I'm completely ignorant about them. How are they secured in the device? Is manipulating the Note's screen and such by gesturing with the pen new or an older feature?
If if is something common on older Notes, how well do the gestures work? I guess I'm asking for a rundown on the pen... sorry. I need to know lots more about the pen before I'm convinced I need it. Thanks
it charges when it is in its cradle inside the phone. no need to worry about hooking it up or anything. as long as it is in the phone you are good to go.

it would be cool if the devs can make the s pen like a steering wheel so that we can play Need For SPeed or other car racing games.

or just in general....i'm interested what the devs will come up with the use of the gyroscope for the pen and how it reacts with their apps.

sorry forgot to mention about the s pen on the older devices. i like the note 8's feature where upon pulling thew s pen from its cradle right on the lockscreen a window pops up where you can immediately take notes. in the past you have to unlock first, pull the pen out, a menu pops up and you select notes and then you begin writing......too many steps for something immediate. i like the fact that they kept this feature in the note 10/10+

the s pen now with my note 8......does not have a battery so i do not have to worry about such things. it just sits nice and comfortable in its cradle in the phone. it is secured in its cradle. it is spring loaded so all you need to do is push on the pen and it will pop out.....not fly out pop just pops up and then you canj pull the pen out for use. when done you just put the pen inside the cradle and push it in to secure it.

Help Can images delete themselves?

i second using google photos....i never ever have to worry about losing my photos as they are automatically synced. i can go to any phone or pc and pull up my photos........provided that they have uploaded to cloud already.

and i have never heard of photos just randomly disappearing like that. like @Hadron said, unless it is an inadvertently done like in your pocket or something. have you tried hooking up the phone to the pc?

Finger print reader reliability

My S8+ has a home unlock feature that I enjoy. It's likely common across many devices. If I'm home, it's unlocked... and I like. My phone never leaves my pocket unless I'm using it. I went years without any lock downs enabled. I only employed the feature on my current phone because it often opened multiple apps while in my pocket. I would be unaware they were open until my streamed audio would start messing up. I would remove my phone from my pocket to find I had started dozen of texts of random letter gibberish, my email app open, and dozen of other apps open. Locking the screen eliminated the problem but I do miss just swiping or pushing a button to open the phone.

Any improvements in unlocking the phone will be welcomed.

Help protect headphone port in shirt pocket from rain

I like to carry my phone(s) in my shirt pocket. Most don't have a flap and even those that do aren't deep enough to cover the end of a phone. Thus, rain, even soft drizzle, is an issue. Is there any kind of plug or case that would protect the empty headphone port?

I was thinking about this, because it's been a bit precipitous around here in the last few days, and I have to ask. How often are you walking about in rain wearing just a shirt? Me, I'll usually have at least an umbrella, and weatherproof clothing as well if the forecast is not so good.

Android K6 smartwatch

Just got the watch and have paired with success but trying to access other things ans every video I watch shows the operator pressing on the round dial button, which also houses the camera- to access more pleasant useable menus.

Left a few things out. The round button seems to be pressed in and unresponsive to pressing. Also, do I need a memory card for apps......
TIA

Pictures disappearing

I don't know what a "cleanup scan" is (some Samsung feature, or a third party app?). If deleted images were on a removable sd card then you can restore them by sticking it in a card reader, attaching that to a computer and using any file recovery software you like. Don't use it inbetween or you may overwrite them. If they are on internal storage you've probably no way of recovering them.

However from your screenshot it looks like the images are still there, just the thumbnails are gone. Most gallery apps will rebuild those anyway, but have you tried just opening them with a gallery app, a file browser, or copying/sending some elsewhere and seeing whether you can view them there? It may be just the preview that has gone.

Can you tell us exactly what this "cleanup scan" said it was going to delete? It's always a good ide to check rather than just accept all suggestions from cleanup utilities.

Jetstream storage corrupted

Ok. I dumped the cheap usb storage and upgraded to an external drive. My box is running better with plenty of storage with a 400gb sd card and 2tb hdd. I also discovered that having an ethernet cable plugged into the jetstream box causes the wifi to not connect. I wanted to compare the connections and could not figure out why the wifi would not connect if I needed. Figured I'd post these tidbits for other jetstream users. I don't see any great sites supporting android tv.

Android Studio 3.4.2

This may sound a bit odd, and it may be a red herring in your case, but when I first installed Studio 3.4.0 and started to use it, I found one or two modules had not been installed. When I started the app by pressing the green triangle icon rather than Tools > AVD Manager as directed by the tutorial, it prompted me to install the missing bits and bobs...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Relocking Bootloader

How can I know the method used to unlock my device was manufacturer supported fastboot command or device specific hack?

For my case Minimal ADB and Fastboot installed in a Computer was used to unlock the Bootloader of my device then TWRP recovery was used to flash the device - Huawei Y6II, since then whenever I restart or power on my device I get this annoying message "Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted."
Bahahahahahah!! Oh my gosh, lmmfao. I'm sorry and do apologize for finding humor in that (just woke up) but that's standard warnings imbued by the mfgrs to keep you from doing anything to it. That's it. No worries tho. Even Motorola devices do that after unlocking, it's just to scare you. What some ppl are doing is installing different " bootlogos" that hide those msgs on startup. Really, no worries..

Root Help with my s8 active

One reason I want to root the device is to get rid of some of the junk apps that you cant uninstall without root access. But the main reason is to network unlock it. Mine is locked on the at&t network but I want to be able to use it on whatever network I want. Do you know of any software for PC that i can use for network unlocking without rooting i dont have the money to pay for a third party to do it of it is possible to do it myself. But I cant find anything about doing it without a outside source.
you do not need to root to unlock the phone from a carrier. i have no idea on software to do that......sorry.

also there is really no development for your phone so rooting for me is moot. you want a custom rom that has all the bloat out, but the only rom out there for the s8 active is the one i linked you to.

Filter

Back
Top Bottom