• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Could steam have damaged my phone?

A month ago I applied a screen protector on my phone using the shower/steam method. But recently I realized that this can actually damage my phone and I'm worried, especially for water marks beneath the screen. but I don't think I see any marks. My phone looks normal. I was in the steamy bathroom for 5 minutes applying the protector. Could the steam possibly ruined my phone and it's screen? And why am I not noticing any water marks? I thought steam leaves them.

Samsung j7 star

I bought a samsung j7 star on March 3 from metropcs sm-j737t 8.0.0
Had my phone a mad accounts all set up google,samsung,ect.

When I woke up the next morning I got email from google saying your new samsung j7 neo 2 does not have all the apps instAlled. Samsung sent a letter saying my information has changed if it wastes you click here there was nothing there. My android is a nought and I don't have control of all my settings how can this happen and how do I fix it

Blocking unwanted calls

How can I send calls from the same area code / prefix as my number straight to voicemail without ringing my phone or otherwise notifying me? I tried Googling, but each result that mentioned an app, that app always had a bunch of bad reviews about blocking too much, taking over, wanting money, etc. I'm OK with paying for an app that will do EXACTLY what I want and won't decide that "it knows best" about how my phone should be used.

Android Studio constraint issues

I am using Android Studio 3.1.2 and am having a few problems L. I am trying to create a “hello world” with a button - pretty simple eh! (it’s a fresh Android Studio install).

1) When I tried to create a button, the button didn’t appear on the screen. Following a video on YouTube I changed the Gradle Script->build.gradle(Modmule: App)-> implementation 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:28.0.0-alpha1ule'

This allowed me to at least place the button on the page.

2) When I run the emulator the buttons are not in the place where I placed them (they are in the top left of the screen) and I get a warnings “Missed Constraints in ConstraintLayout…”?

Any ideas please? As this was pretty much “vanilla” (clean install, simple button), so why am I hitting problems with something so simple please?

I would really appreciate help!

Cheers.

Bluetooth settings

Hello.

I had a Samsung Galaxy S8 and the bluetooth was pair with my car stereo, and when people used to phone me, the phone would just answer itself and I could talk hand free without even touching the phone.

Now I've upgraded to the S10, and although it does pair with my car stereo. The only trouble is that when someone rings me I have to take the phone out of my pocket, swipe the green button to answer it before talking through the car speakers hands free.

Does anybody know if there's anything in the settings or bluetooth settings I can change to stop me from touching the phone when it rings like I did on the S8?

Kind regards John.

About the S9+'s battery.

I barely have time to use my phone. So it's usually just on and sitting in my closet's drawer. I have three questions concerning that phone: Can leaving it on cause any issues with the battery? It's a S9+. My S9+ is for my personal use at home.

Second question, prior to leaving my phone on, I would usually turn my phone off for a week or so that the battery doesn't get used up. I stopped doing this after I heard it can decrease the battery's life expectancy. How true is this?

Third question, what percentage should I charge my phone at?

I apologize in advance for the somewhat stupid questions. I don't know much about smartphones.

LG V35 / V40 Lens Switching While Recording

I did not see a post about this issue with the V35, or really anything about the V35 except about the steep price drop in 6 months.

I was thinking about buying a V35 and eventually a V40. I was wondering if anyone knew if you would be able to program an app to allow lens switching while recording a video for the V35 and V40, like LG users were able to do with the V20 and V30. Also, I wanted to know if anyone would be willing to make such an app and release it publicly.

I figured the V35 would be more likely possible and easier to do, since it has two lenses like the V20 and V30.

I would appreciate your help.

Google "Listening" with automatic volume change

Hey guys,

I have an S7. Model SM-G932W8. Android Version 8.0

This issue just started the last few days. I'm listening to a podcast through my earbuds, and I start to hear crackling sounds, and the google "listening" screen comes up and automatically changes the volume.

I checked under settings/Google/Search, Assistant & Voice but didn't see any option to disable. I'm not even 100% sure this is causing the issue.

It doesn't seem to happen when I'm using headphones without a mic.

Any ideas what's going on?

[Game] Pekko - Funny Arcade

b1024x500s.png

Pekko - Funny Arcade

GooglePlay link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.red_socat.pekko

This game is a simple but addictive arcade with beautiful pixel-art graphics! In it, you need to help a funny creature named Pekko climb as high as possible!

Pekko is a funny slime with cute cat ears! He loves to jump and does not like to fall at all!

Help him set new records! To do this, just touch the screen at the moments when he passes next to the white triangles and do not let him fall off the platform!

1.png 2.png 3.png

Pekko really wants to play with you and therefore is looking forward to you in this game!

Dual SIM: which SIM is called?

Hello,
I have a HTC U11 with 2 SIM cards, one for private, the other for business purposes.

When I receive a call and the caller is not in my phone book, I cannot see which SIM is called, so I cannot see if it's a business or private call.

How can I fix this? For example by applying different background colors when the phone rings, depending on the SIM card.

Well, of course I could assign a different ring tone to each of the SIM cards, but unfortunately that's no solution, because most of the time my phone is in vibration mode.

How to remove water from underneath broken S7 Edge front glass?

I happened to break my S7 Edge's front glass about 2-3 months ago. And about a week ago I had forgetfully left it in an open area where it rained a little bit and some water fell on it. I simply wiped the water with a piece of cloth.

It is only today that I notice some water underneath the broken areas (at the back button). I tried to put it in the sun, but to no avail.

How can I get rid of the water?

Take a look:
Screenshot_1.png

Bluetooth Alarm Clock App

I am trying to create a Bluetooth alarm clock and I'm using Arduino as my receiver to make what I need to happen when the alarm goes off, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I have tried merging an Android alarm clock app and an Arduino Bluetooth LED Controller app together and I have tried to find an already completed Bluetooth Alarm Clock app for Arduino, but have had no luck so far. I found a complete bluetooth alarm clock app here but can't figure out how to use it and I don't know enough about how it works to figure it out. Please let me know if you know of any existing apps or what I'm doing wrong. I can upload what I have for the first solution if I need to.

Any way to completely back up a Samsung J327A running Android 7.0?

Hi All,

I have a new Samsung J327A, replacing one I previously owned that had a very badly cracked screen. It is currently running Android 7.0. On my older J327A, I always said "yes" to accept and install updates. At some point it updated to the latest Android for that phone (8.0)? This update had a newer version of Google Maps that crashed frequently, and introduced the split screen feature which I could not disable. This feature does not work well on phones with smaller screens such as mine.

I'm asking if there's a way to completely back up my current phone? E.g. I want to see what updates need to be applied, but would want a way to completely restore the phone to what it's running now, in case any update brings back the problems mentioned above.

Thank you,
Fred.

Emails in outbox

My problem was, in my Samsung S2, Gmail stuck in outbox.
Problem fixed: When Samsung muscled and grab from Google (Gmail) and asked me to change
my pass word and all the other questions, my tablet created new files inside Gmail icon (domain).
Tried every thing, nothing worked. Final I noted there were few too many Gmail files inside the mail icon.
All the best

Filter

Back
Top Bottom