• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Restrict app background data

I purchased a NextBase 412GW Dash Cam recently. NextBase has an app, Cam Viewer, that enables a video to be viewed on a mobile 'phone via Wi-Fi. I downloaded and installed the app last week. I have used it once only, following my first journey. I was able to connect to my 'phone using Wi-Fi and view the recorded files successfully. I was concerned, somewhat, and mystified, certainly, to find it consumed more than 500MB of data since its installation over a four-day period (Wi-Fi, fortunately, not mobile!). It seems to use 90MB in downloads each time, twice a day, morning and evening
I was alerted to "Restrict app background data" "Disable background data on mobile networks" in Settings>Data usage on my 'phone. It was switched off on the first few apps I selected, as was Cam Viewer. Choosing to switch on displays a window reading, "This feature may cause an app that depends on background data to stop working when only mobile networks are available.", which I do not fully understand. Disregarding that, I switched on. There has been no further activity by Cam Viewer.
I wonder what might cause Cam Viewer to download data regularly, whereas other apps do not? Cam Viewer requires seven permissions. Is there anything there that might be a cause?
Screenshot_2019-04-10-09-31-41.png
I should be grateful for some explanation.

Android 9 Pie - Unfriendly to useful Apps

I'm more than a little upset that this new update screws with my useful apps. I'll limit my examples to one per post. Number 1: Norton mobile security....call blocking feature. Why in the _____ would Google want to disallow it's users to protect themselves against the barrage of spam, spoofed, and otherwise unwelcome interuptions day in and day out! Norton is the best security company out there and allows me to create a block list which DOES NOT WORK AS OF MY UPDATE TO PIE. Google, please resolve this and all of the other conveniences that we enjoy by way of useful and time saving apps within your mobile OS.

Help Is It Possible To Convert WMP Playlists To Any Android Format?

Hi folks,

It's been a very long time coming but I finally got around to purchasing a smart phone; I'm using Android 6 (as high as the phone will go) and would like to copy across all of my music to the memory card in the new phone. That bit so far has been easy...

But I don't want to have to remake all my playlists by hand! Is there a way to take the .WPL files on Windows 10, transfer them to the phone and tweak them so they work with the new file locations too? As long as the media player is free and good it doesn't matter what it works in (although I have VLC installed now), only that I avoid having to make hundreds of playlists again!

Thanks in advance.

Help A-d-s now keeps appearing

When I turn my phone on, I suddenly now keep getting requests to look at adverts. The header of each of these is
"Google m5jn.hedsparthetretr.info"
My phone is a Moto G5 running android 7.0
I can find refs to this problem on the internet but these relate to PCs running Windows, not android phones.
I have installed and run AVG, and Malwarebytes but neither show up any malware.
I have looked at the apps in my settings but cannot see anything untoward listed.
Can anyone advise me how I get rid of this nuisance please?
Thanks

Create a very small application

Hi,

Can you help me create a small application that consists of 1 button that links to "Unknown Source" and another button that links to "Google Play Protect"

Here is a photo with 2 buttons and I would like the shortcut button "Unknown Source" to return to the option Unknown Source and the shortcut button "Play Protect" reference to the option "Google Play Protect"

It's complicated to do?

Thank you

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 103

Valid google antivirus website/checker?

Hi guys, i was downloading something off my internet using my mobile and a popup appear for me saying

"Redirection fail because (2) ciruses detected on your phone. Please clean viruses to be redirected"

Then , in the website page, it told me the viruses that is in my phone.
1. Keylogger
2. mobile.keylogger
Both of them are classified as critical. The website is this https // google(dash)antivirus(dot)com/index11.php?siteid=353787 (mod killed the link)

Please clarify with me if this is valid or not. Thanks.

A Telegram Robot to Improve your android

Hey devs do you need a telegram robot
to teach you some android stuff like compiling roms Porting recoveries etc introducing
https://t.me/aiotutorialsbot

NOTE: is a telegram robot for telegram users
Special feautures
1.Fast
2.Reliable
3.Uptodate
4.10+ commands
Signature of Robot
@aiotutorialsbot the android telegram robot moving forward:)

Paypal link:
https://Paypal.me/speedevs

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-11-17-43-47.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-11-17-43-47.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_2019-04-11-17-51-57.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-11-17-51-57.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 160

Accessories Glass Screen Protector that actually fits??

I just purchased and installed the BodyGuardz Pure 2 screen protector on my S10E and, though the installation was easy and I "think" the phone's screen is now better protected, the protector does not fit the full display, there is a definite gap on both sides (top and bottom seem fine) where the edge of the protector does not fit over the display. I am not sure I can get used to this distraction of the display peeping out around the black border of the protector. This screen protector is more expensive than the majority of those on the market so my wallet was also disappointed, and now I need to find something else!

I saw this same complaint about many of the screen protectors on the market for this phone (reading reviews on Amazon.) Many of the protectors are touted as being "edge to edge" but that is not the experience of the actual end users, they just don't cover the full display.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a screen protector that is both case friendly and fits properly? Please let me know!

Facebook Messenger SMS ringtone wont change

I've been using Messenger as my default messaging app for sms and messenger messages with having messenger as a sperate ringtone from the sms message. Recently since android oreo came out the ringtone for both messenger and sms messages in messenger have been the same ringtone as before i had them set s a different tone. In my messenger settings it has still has the different tones set but both notifications are coming in as the same ringtone. So annoying. I've updated to android pie this morning and nothing new has changed. Ive forced stopped and uninstalled the app but nothing seems to work to have the seperate ringtones for messenger and sms in the same app. I've had to switch back to my regular messages app to have seperate ringtones. If anyone can help me i would apperciate it greatly. I just liked having all my messages in one place. Im also using Samsung Note 8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190411-105820_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190411-105820_Messenger.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 304
  • Screenshot_20190411-105800_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20190411-105800_Messenger.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 325

No 4G after upgrade to Android Pie

I updated my phone a few days ago, and since that date, I cannot access 4g. My phone consistently says LTE and that's it. I can access Facebook messenger, and IMs, but I can't get my games to load. I have updated PRL and Profile, I have turned off mobile data and back on, I have tried airplane mode on and off again, I have tried changing the mobile networks, I have done a quick reset, but my SIM card status shows network as LTE only, when it should show 4G. I've seen multiple other complaints about this, but have yet to find a solution that works.

Spotify, Youtube etc. not showing what's being played on my car's display...

Hey guys so, since the latest big update on my phone (I think it was sometime in March 10th, 11th) I can't see the artist name or song name on the display of my car (Audi A6 C7 2013). It worked perfectly until then with both Spotify or Youtube. I always connected the phone through bluetooth and all was fine. It still is, songs play there are no pairing problems apart from this. It's pretty annoying!
Did anyone else have this problem?
Thank you in advance!

P.S.: I already tried giving full app. permissions to both Spotify and Youtube and it doesn't work...

Help notifications issue

Hi,
i bought samsung s10 and i am not sure if they are selling broken phone or whats going on:

1) ring volume - there is no chance to control its intensity, its too loud even i go to the minimum
2) messages (messanger, etc) notifications are not working on display edge (same charging) basically no control over phone
3) battery life 4h on screen and 11h total

is this normal behavior> if so i do not believe how this phone can be on sell and ppl buying it.

Samsung S8 Softbricked help!

I got my phone second hand and someone had previously done something with it. Knox was tripped and device status was custom. So I tried using odin to flash new firmware to change status to official. Now I am stuck in download mode with the following error "An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software." This does nothing. For some reason the CSC is German and the phone was manufactured in Korea.

SceneForm Google's lib for 3D Rendering is not working as expected

I was not able to render 3D object using ScenView of SceneForm library . I tried ModelRendarable and Node classes to make it , but not worked . Please help me to get this problem out .

Code snippet is given below .

sceneView=(SceneView)findViewById(R.id.scene_view);
Camera camera = sceneView.getScene().getCamera();
camera.setLocalRotation(Quaternion.axisAngle(Vector3.right(), -30.0f));

ModelRenderable.builder()
// To load as an asset from the 'assets' folder ('src/main/assets/andy.sfb'):
.setSource(this, Uri.parse("car.sfb"))
.build()
.thenAccept(
renderable -> mr = renderable
)
.exceptionally(