• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {ROM}Suave Smush! Sense UI feel without all the hassle!

No need to re-flash. The ROM doesn't get installed to the SD card. You should be able to move apps to the card once Apps2SD is configured. From CyanogenMod's Wiki,
How can I move an application from internal to external, or external to internal?
  • Automatically: Go to Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications and tap on any application. Under the "Storage" heading, the "Install Location" setting will display the application's current location (SD Card or Internal). Press the "Move" button to move the application from internal memory to the SD Card and vice-verse.

Upvote 0
added infor on the patches post. not going to release tsupdate4- was asked not to by conap-but instructions on how to flash his kernel can be found right underneath the tsupdate3.zip post.

his kernel will NOT break the proximity sensore and should overclock to just as high. This is only needed for those of you who had issues with an unresponsive touchscreen.

Upvote 0
OK...I have a question for one of you. I have mabilo ringtones and every time I load an updated ROM, the app no longer has my ringtones in downloads though they are still in the download folder on my card. Is there any way to make Mabilo see those ringtones again or where do I put the tones otherwise, so that I can use them? I get tired of redownloading every song that I've set up for each contact.

Upvote 0
well i used zedge, so im not sure if its the same, but you may wnt to look into it instead.
after downloading the ringtone, i never re-installed the app. the ringtone is on my sdcard though so settings it as the default is as easy as going into settings>sound/display> and setting it there.

might want to start there and see if mobilo makes it that easy.

**does that makes sense? after re-reading it, it sounds kinda garbled lol

Upvote 0
its the one included in the rom. long press in a text field and pick choose input. its the multi-touch keyboard option.

thank zach.xtra for that skin btw..

Wow you are fast. Thanks I like the look of this one much more. Loving smush so far, I was worried initially for the first 10 minutes it was pretty slow but after it installed the apps, got going, it has been running super fast.

Upvote 0
Wow you are fast. Thanks I like the look of this one much more. Loving smush so far, I was worried initially for the first 10 minutes it was pretty slow but after it installed the apps, got going, it has been running super fast.

i think thats due to JIT. it seems to need some time to get things setup internally before it really starts picking up momentum

Upvote 0
This ROM is very quick and clean. I am impressed.

Questions -

Would like to remove a couple of APPs from phone (handcent & the ADW launcher) I prefer launcherpro, since it seems to be faster with jit installed.

Can I just delete the file with root explorer or should I do it command line?

Also, are you working on a froyo build?

Regards,

-Sf-

Upvote 0
ok just curious,i seen in the beginning of the thread that i needed to push a file to the system for wifi.well i put airplane mode on to shut my connection down completely and turned wifi on and it seems to be working.my question,if i update to ts4 will i need to push that file for wifi or if i leave it at ts3 will i still need to push that file ??

Upvote 0
anyone notice the clock is black and cant be really seen ?? is there a way to just pull the clock completely or is there a flash out there that can do it ??

ive tried kevlarmash V3 with M.M. and all it did was boot loop.

its in the spareparts settings thats built into the phone settings.... you need to reboot after you change it to see the changes

got mms working fine now, only issue i am having now is that i cannot delete/remove apk's off of the phone that i do not use. whether i use the terminal emulator or adb from the computer its saying that they are read only and no permissions even though i have SU permissions on and i should be able to do it

Upvote 0
its in the spareparts settings thats built into the phone settings.... you need to reboot after you change it to see the changes

got mms working fine now, only issue i am having now is that i cannot delete/remove apk's off of the phone that i do not use. whether i use the terminal emulator or adb from the computer its saying that they are read only and no permissions even though i have SU permissions on and i should be able to do it

Code:
adb remount
then
Code:
adb shell
cd *...*
rm -r *...*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones