• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replace HTC Lockscreen, an Incredible Find!

yes, and i encourage anyone having any problems at all with this app to email the dev, he is very responsive and working hard on lots of improvements. can't wait for next week's update!

for anyone who has widgets that don't seem to work well with widgetlocker, just email the dev and let him know which one and what doesn't work. i'm sure he'll look into it. better to improve the app than just give up on it because of one thing that might be fixable.

Amen! It's already in my must have list. To quote "The Great One"...
How sweet it is!

Upvote 0
Has anyone had a chance to see how much battery it eats up>?

i haven't noticed any battery drain at all. this is my second day using, and it seems normal to me. i'll need more time to check it out. but i've been using spare parts and the htc battery history, and i have not seen it using any extra resources or anything. and i've also checked, it does let the phone sleep. so i don't think it's working the battery. however, that said, remember that any additional widgets you add to your system will pull more battery resources! so if you are not just moving widgets from other home screens to the lockscreen, but rather *adding* widgets and keeping them on other home screens, then you will probably use more battery.

Reactions: rcrott1
Upvote 0
Thank you "whitewallman" for the heads up.....what a cool motherf&^$ng app !!!! now I can hit pretty much almost any key to wake up the phone and with the previously purchased Beautiful Widgets app see the weather right then and there without unlocking, also added the battery meter widget along with temp monitor and camera for quick and easy shots !!!! cool !
kb90s0.jpg

Love your setup - running almost exactly the same widgets & placement -what id TempMonitor and do you find it useful?

-kj-

Upvote 0
if you follow the directions i listed above, you will have no lag at all:

when you are at the swipescreen, hit menu>settings. click on Clear Default Home. then touch your home button. you get your home options in a pop up. choose "Make Default! WLocker Helper". that will make it so your swipe screen goes to widgetlocker every time.

and, i will add, it does it instantly, rather than any lag. it's too bad you already got your refund, because this really does work.
Yeah, I did that, and it was still too laggy. :( It's a shame, because I really like the concept. I should've kept it since it was only $0.99, doh

Upvote 0
when you are at the swipescreen, hit menu>settings. click on Clear Default Home. then touch your home button. you get your home options in a pop up. choose Make Default! WLocker Helper. that will make it so your swipe screen goes to widgetlocker every time.

This does not work for me. Phone always starts up with the HTC sense swipe. Oh well no biggie, love the app anyway!

Upvote 0
Hey all,

Developer of WidgetLocker here. Glad you guys are enjoying it :).
Just wanted to let you know I'm hearing mixed reports about Easy Wake Mode on the Incredible, specifically with regard to the trackpad. This is something I'm looking into.

This is great news, I cant wait for what small bugs are there to be worked out. Already one of my favorite additions

Upvote 0
This is great. I use to use LockBotPro on my MotoDroid and it was nice but lagged sometimes and often you saw the stock lockscreen for a split second before before lockbot kicked in. I am happy to say I have seen no lag whatsoever with WidgetLocker. And the additions of widgets is spectacular.

This is a great find. many thanks to whitewallman.

Upvote 0
This does not work for me. Phone always starts up with the HTC sense swipe. Oh well no biggie, love the app anyway!

this happens to me too. when i initially start the phone, it will be using the HTC Sense swipe, but that is because the app still has to load, even when set to the default. just be patient and give it a minute, you wont regret it.

Upvote 0
I bought this app today after reading this thread, and overall, I think I'm going to like it. Using it on a Droid Incredible.

But right now, not being able to access some of my HTC widgets is a deal-breaker. Maybe there are similar free widgets out there to replace them - but some of them I know there are not. I hope you can fix that soon - but I will tell you you're not alone with this problem. ADW has the same problem (just installed it and can't access HTC widgets either.)

The one thing I LOVE about this on the Incredible is the Easy Wake Mode - and being able to use the trackpad button to wake the phone up! EXCEPT - it doesn't work if you have a pattern lock enabled - which I prefer to have considering the amount of personal data accessible on my phone if I were to ever lose it. Will it ever be possible to use Easy Wake Mode with a pattern lock?

Upvote 0
so not sure if it has to do with this app or not, just loaded it, then went to go change my wallpaper, and my pictures started to delete themselves!!!!! had to shut off the phone quick. now some of my folders with pictures are missing.... haven't done anything else but install this app.

seems after rebooting 2wice they came back up, that was kind of freaky, didn't want to lose my 400 pictures. !!!!

Upvote 0
right now the app seems to override any other apps or your phone settings in screen timeout. for instance, no matter what you have your screen timeout set to in your settings, it will time out after less than 30 seconds. and i have an app called "screen on" which, as you may imagine, keeps the screen on when toggled (it's a toggle widget). however, widget locker overrides this, and times my screen out even when this is on. the dev did say he was going to address the screen timeout issue in the update that is coming this week. i am very hopeful this fixes these issues. the screen timeout is really the only thing keeping me from loving this thing.

another issue, though, is there does not seem to be any way to disable or close the app in a true manner without manually killing it; it will keep showing up even if you think you've disabled it. if you clear the default home, then make sense your home again (or whatever you use), then unclick the enable button at the top of the options, the icon disappears and you might think the app is not running. but if you leave your screen off for a while, it will still come back. your regular sense slide will come up, but after that, widget locker shows up. i had to manually kill it with a task killer. it would be good to be able to disable it without having to do that. like an "exit" or true disable button would be good. it might be just a matter of the dev making it so that if that enable button is not checked, then it dies an actual death. not sure how these things work.

Upvote 0
Something I noticed I thought was worth passing on . . .

After I installed the app, my screen kept turning off after 15 seconds even though I changed the app's settings to 2 minutes . . . . I think I figured out why and how to fix it . . .

Initially I accepted the app's default Screen Timeout setting of 15 seconds, which apparently changed my phone's Timeout setting to 15 seconds as well.

With the lockscreen, I want my screen to timeout after 15 seconds, but once unlocked I don't want the screen to timeout for 2 minutes.

So I set the app's Screen Timeout for 15 seconds, then went to my phone's settings and changed it back to 2 minutes.

So far, I haven't had a reoccurrence!

Upvote 0
Something I noticed I thought was worth passing on . . .

After I installed the app, my screen kept turning off after 15 seconds even though I changed the app's settings to 2 minutes . . . . I think I figured out why and how to fix it . . .

Initially I accepted the app's default Screen Timeout setting of 15 seconds, which apparently changed my phone's Timeout setting to 15 seconds as well.

With the lockscreen, I want my screen to timeout after 15 seconds, but once unlocked I don't want the screen to timeout for 2 minutes.

So I set the app's Screen Timeout for 15 seconds, then went to my phone's settings and changed it back to 2 minutes.

So far, I haven't had a reoccurrence!

+1 I figured this out last night. When you initially specify a timeout for the WidgetLocker it changes the system setting as well. I had the exact same problem and fixed it by resettign the timeout option in the system settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones