• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] TheUltimateDroid 1.0.0 (FRG83) 1GHz

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hmmmm... That is interesting. I'm not sure what would be causing that. Have you installed any new apps since the last time you remember it working correctly?

Kratos

No, it never worked from day one. It just took me awhile to figure it out because I haven't been checking my email on my phone. But now that I am it's uber annoying.

Upvote 0
Yeah it's all turned on but I still have to manually sync it every time I want to get email. It's quite annoying.

I'm having the same problem with Gmail. Not only will it not pull down new emails, but when I read or delete on the phone those changes are not reflected on Gmail until I refresh again. The last time I refreshed manually, it didn't even pull down new email, but just reflected my read and deletes on main Gmail.

I have all of the settings correct.

Should I re-install UD? Any ideas why this is happening? I really like UD but this is enough to make me move back to CM.

FWIW: stock email with my exchange account works fine, except I can't get it to reflect my chosen ringtone(???).

Upvote 0
i just flashed this sick rom this morning and everything's amazing so far.

i just tried to install the latest upgrade for the youtube app and it now says that the update is incompatible. anyone have any suggestions? i tried uninstalling the old one (after backing up with titanium), and the new one still won't install. what sucks even more is that titanium somehow lost the backup of the app itself and only got its data.

Upvote 0
i just flashed this sick rom this morning and everything's amazing so far.

i just tried to install the latest upgrade for the youtube app and it now says that the update is incompatible. anyone have any suggestions? i tried uninstalling the old one (after backing up with titanium), and the new one still won't install. what sucks even more is that titanium somehow lost the backup of the app itself and only got its data.

After uninstalling, reboot then download from market. Should work.

Upvote 0
Ultimate Droid's facebook page said there's a new release soon to be posted on the site! No other details though. Stay tuned!

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock ......

Upvote 0
I tried to download this rom using the main link, but I receive this:

pic.jpg

Does that mean the long awaited update is being uploaded? :eek::)

Upvote 0
I have been running this for a few days now and it is the slowest rom that I have ever run. I made sure to wipe data and cache before and I have tried some different kernels as well. I also disabled the built in OC and used SetCPU. Any ideas?

Reflash your favorite ROM. It's obviously not the ROM for your DROID. And, that's OK.

Upvote 0
So I removed boot animation just to see how much (tremondously) faster reboots would be. Well that's fine and dandy and it was pretty fast, I must say. But now I want my boots back and enabling them didn't bring em back. :facepalm: Any suggestions?

I'm not using this ROM anymore, but when I was I placed the bootanimation.zip I wanted into /data/local and it supplanted the default UD boot animation. So you could try that.

Upvote 0
I'm having a weird problem. When I'm playing music in my car through the Bluetooth and I stop my car, my Droid will keep playing when it suppose to stop (it will switch from the car stereo to the external droid speaker). Also at the same time it will switch from album playback to either Party Shuffle or Shuffle All (not sure which).
Any clues to why this is happening ?

Upvote 0
i tried getting into the framework-res.apk to manually pull the ud logos from the lock screen as this too annoyed the living hell out of me. None of the other roms have ever been so blatantly "branded" and i hated the look of the lockscreen. Unfortunately my lack of knowledge on proper procedure led me to bootloops and restoring.

Lock screen logo - Ultimate Droid

in that thread is this link:

http://luna.anthemofthesun.com/files/LockSwap.zip

I downloaded and dropped into Metamorph folder /sdcard/android themes/

I unzipped and it kicked back with an error message, went back into metamorph and applied anyways and it worked, removed the lockscreen images. Not sure if it will work with your themed versions but cant really hurt to give it a try.

;)
I tried this method, and it worked, but his version of the fix maintained the black bars on the lockscreen.

Using ninjamorph, I ended up going back in, and modified the lockscreen_background file, making it fully transparent, before saving the file and applying it. I now have a fully clean lockscreen, which displays my wallpaper background.:cool:

Upvote 0
I tried this method, and it worked, but his version of the fix maintained the black bars on the lockscreen.

Using ninjamorph, I ended up going back in, and modified the lockscreen_background file, making it fully transparent, before saving the file and applying it. I now have a fully clean lockscreen, which displays my wallpaper background.:cool:

would you mind posting the lockscreen_background for ninjamorph? please!

Upvote 0
would you mind posting the lockscreen_background for ninjamorph? please!
I couldn't post the actual .png file, since the dimensions weren't acceptable for the forum, but I've provided a .zip file with the image.

Using this file, you should be able to use gwwjpd's method from post #151 (make sure your phone has USB debugging turned on, first, though).

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• lockscreen_background.zip
    255 bytes · Views: 138
Upvote 0
I couldn't post the actual .png file, since the dimensions weren't acceptable for the forum, but I've provided a .zip file with the image.

Using this file, you should be able to use gwwjpd's method from post #151 (make sure your phone has USB debugging turned on, first, though).

Hope this helps.

worked perfectly!!! thanks man!!! i hated the ultimate droid banner

Upvote 0
Y'all sure do go thru a lot of crap just to edit a little piece of a ROM. Why not just learn how to create your own theme and be done with it? Then you can edit anything you want. Metamorph ... NinjaMorph ... meh! Lame.

Takes me about 2-3 minutes to metamorph. Doesn't seem like much "crap" to me.

You said it best yourself:

Let us know when you're done with your ROM or Theme. Then we'll all see how it's supposed to be done. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones