• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Things that you wish you could do with your Incredible

Manage multi-person calls effectively. At present time, you can add people to a call but you can't get them off unless you hang up on everyone. Sucks if you call someone and it goes to voicemail. iPhone's call management is really good, and I'm not sure if this is because of the GSM network or not, but if an iPhone is hosting a 5-way call, it can privately talk with one individual while the rest of the callers can still have a conversation. Why can't my Dinc do that?

Also, I want the update to the new Sense.

I would think that problem stems from the fact that verizon is a CDMA netowrk considering the problem is not necessarily the UI making that more difficult to do, but the fact that you can't do it at all.

Also, what is the new sense you refer to?

Upvote 0
Stream music from a PC over 3G...for free.

Subsonic does this. It works great. In order to have access to it outside your home network, you have to setup port forwarding on your router. I simply pointed it to my iTunes folder, and Voila!... I can access my entire library from my phone... anywhere. Obviously, it can't stream protected iTunes files, but only about 20% of my library is protected. The Android client caches, and I setup a large local cache so a lot of times, it doesn't have to stream.

But it really isn't free... it's a 30 day trial, and you have to "donate" to keep the service. Worth every penny... then some.

Upvote 0
see above.
guess ill keep wishing...when i replied in this thread, i took it as things you wish it could do. As like a wish list for future OS releases...(2.3, 2.4, etc)

Either way...the "it doesnt do anything" for the bloatware doesnt cut it for me. I WISH i had the option to get rid of it. Period.

the sleep timer app...well ill just quote the first two reviews as this is exactly what happened to me

Works great with Listen but does not exit after sleep. It cannot be used again until you force it to close from the settings->applications menu.

----------

This used to work for Pandora on Droid X. Doesn't stop player anymore, just turns down volume. Also, app doesn't exit after timer finishes.

again I WISH the phone had a proper sleep timer built into the android OS.

for the email: im talking about when i go to delete a email it asks "delete on email, delete on phone, delete on phone" choice....if i can do this already, please enlighten me. If not...then I WISH

Swype does do a much better job at word prediction then stock android prediction, but i still WISH the stock one had a better prediction.

As far as the track button waking up the phone. I have used the no lock app...so any button wakes up the phone. Either way i still WISH the track button had the ability to wake up phone without the need for an app.

Upvote 0
Subsonic does this. It works great. In order to have access to it outside your home network, you have to setup port forwarding on your router. I simply pointed it to my iTunes folder, and Voila!... I can access my entire library from my phone... anywhere. Obviously, it can't stream protected iTunes files, but only about 20% of my library is protected. The Android client caches, and I setup a large local cache so a lot of times, it doesn't have to stream.

But it really isn't free... it's a 30 day trial, and you have to "donate" to keep the service. Worth every penny... then some.
Use Audiogalaxy. It is 100% free and does not require any port forwarding. Best app on the Marketplace.

Reactions: jaymz462
Upvote 0
I just went from an Eris to the Incredible, their are a few improvements, such as the camera flash and the FM. Radio. I did not see a great difference in speed
I wish for a better flash player, and the ability to watch tv/movies.
A BUILT IN STYLUS WOULD BE GREAT. (I bought 20 of them online and keep loosing them )
I want to learn how to make and store files (like a word 2007 program) for my classes.
my env phone I could write on the screen with a stylus and convert to text. That was great.
I want a memo pad I can scribble short notes by hand and have the ability to convert to text and post on home screen as a reminder
Pre installed (written) text messages so I can respond with a few pushes of the key board instead of rewriting the same message all of the timeI NEED A REPLACEMENT FOR THE GOOGLE phone book WHERE I CALL AND ASK FOR A PHONE NUMBER FOR FREE.
I love the forums I am learning a lot but you people talk way over my head sometimes.

Upvote 0
coco savage - That happens to me with the sleeptimer app when I test it out - if I set it to like a minute and wait for it to run out, I won't be able to get it to quit. But I use it every night before I go to sleep set for 55 minutes and it's never running when I wake up. Go figure.

Upvote 0

I've been running subsonic for a couple of years, never had to pay for anything. Is it the app you have to "donate" to keep going? Only had my phone for a few weeks.

Upvote 0
coco savage - That happens to me with the sleeptimer app when I test it out - if I set it to like a minute and wait for it to run out, I won't be able to get it to quit. But I use it every night before I go to sleep set for 55 minutes and it's never running when I wake up. Go figure.
honestly first few times i used it...regardless how long it was set for...it worked fine. I was thinking "what are these people talking about?"

then sure enough it started to mess up.

wish android had a built in sleep timer

Upvote 0
- Be able to change an event from one calendar to another (either for accidents or to change a "pending" event to a "booked" event which are two different calendars of mine)

- Be able to set the default reminder to "none" on events in the calendar (this is an option on my laptop but not the phone)

- Be able to play podcasts/audio books at 2x speed in the stock player. I know people are going to say you can use other programs but I use doggcatcher for podcasts and it is fantastic. It uses the default player as it's player and so to use doggcatcher to collect my podcasts and then use another program to play them is a huge pain.

That is pretty much it. I love this thing. It does everything I want other than those things.

Hardware: front facing camera, IR, better charging port location and hdmi port.

Upvote 0
I've been running subsonic for a couple of years, never had to pay for anything. Is it the app you have to "donate" to keep going? Only had my phone for a few weeks.

I'm an Audiogalaxy user as well....and I have to admit it is an amazing app....and entirely FREE. It works for Android and iPhones alike. Therefore, I have given my login credentials to my friends with Either an iPhone or Android phone. They can all listen to my ENTIRE music collection on their phones (100+ GB library). Since I'm a big audiophile, my friends love to be instantly updated with my latest music findings....I am also able to push playlists to them since Audiogalaxy supports playlists.

Upvote 0
Not leave fingerprints on the screen, I wish the glass was oil proof.

i never used screen protectors until i got my incredible (mainly because my eris got a lot of scratches over the year i had it) and i have found that the zagg screen protector, in addition to keeping the screen from getting scratched, doesn't get oily under any circumstances.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones