• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best buy atrix update

OK UPDATE!! Talked to my boys and heres the scoop it seems that the AT&T regional for the best buy stores is doing training with the staff on FEB 2 for the Atrix. He also told me that the Xoom is being released on Feb 17th and he is saying that it seems as though the Atrix will be released on FEB 13th! Just giving everyone a heads up because I said I would this seems even more solid with the training date!

Yeah, sorry I'm late to the party, my friend texted me earlier that they had a training meeting sunday evening too that was scheduled as 4G training, but he said they were going to be discussing the Atrix and Inspire. He said the phones are coming around the 13th, but he still thinks the Inspire is coming first. He also said that pricing was strictly not discussed by the regional guy, nor was availability to his store (sometimes he gets things right after launch day). He also said that at first the guy said the 13th, but then wouldn't comment on which phone (or both), and the rest of the meeting he changed quickly to saying "around" the 13th. He also said it was odd that it was just an AT&T guy, as apparently the training for the Bravo, Flipout, and whatever was done by a Motorola rep hosted by At&T, and the Aria had a similar guy but not with either HTC or AT&T directly. This one was a regional sales manager for AT&T...
At any rate, he said to expect them both soon, and that they are amazingly cool phones...

Edit: I just texted him about accessories and he said he is getting them AFTER the devices, and that he probably won't have the docks for a while. Whether that's an authorized dealer thing or just that they aren't ready yet, I don't know...

Upvote 0
my guys are usually 85% on so hopefully this holds water but he seemed sure

Ok that makes me feel better. Finally at&t is going to be the leader in Android instead of picking up the leftovers like I'm used too. So feb 13th...thats exactly 3 weeks from today. I was really hoping "in the coming weeks" meant in a few weeks or late january but after all the mar. 1st talk this is good news.:D

Upvote 0
Yeah, sorry I'm late to the party, my friend texted me earlier that they had a training meeting sunday evening too that was scheduled as 4G training, but he said they were going to be discussing the Atrix and Inspire. He said the phones are coming around the 13th, but he still thinks the Inspire is coming first. He also said that pricing was strictly not discussed by the regional guy, nor was availability to his store (sometimes he gets things right after launch day). He also said that at first the guy said the 13th, but then wouldn't comment on which phone (or both), and the rest of the meeting he changed quickly to saying "around" the 13th. He also said it was odd that it was just an AT&T guy, as apparently the training for the Bravo, Flipout, and whatever was done by a Motorola rep hosted by At&T, and the Aria had a similar guy but not with either HTC or AT&T directly. This one was a regional sales manager for AT&T...
At any rate, he said to expect them both soon, and that they are amazingly cool phones...

Edit: I just texted him about accessories and he said he is getting them AFTER the devices, and that he probably won't have the docks for a while. Whether that's an authorized dealer thing or just that they aren't ready yet, I don't know...

Ok so it seems that the 13th is the magic date then, so my original date was only pushed back by 8 days. If it drops then my guys did well

Upvote 0

I'm just having a hard time believing they are going to drop the Inspire before or at the same time the Atrix drops. We haven't seen a peep out of the Inspire, not a comercial nor have we seen this thing boot up.

Upvote 0
I'm just having a hard time believing they are going to drop the Inspire before or at the same time the Atrix drops. We haven't seen a peep out of the Inspire, not a comercial nor have we seen this thing boot up.

Im hearing the AT&T commercial in the superbowl is to feature the 4G network and both the Atrix and Inspire with possible dates for launch

Upvote 0
I guess so they can minimize their cost while still making as big a splash as possible. You know everybody and their play auntie is going to be watching the Super bowl commercials.

Well we will see, I'm still not convinced the Inspire will come at the same time the Atrix comes. I can't remember a time when a major high profile phone like this was released alongside another somewhat high profile phone. I mean if they are not seeing the Inspire as a top phone then I guess they can release it like they did the Cliq 2 but hell even the Cliq 2 got some facetime at CES

Upvote 0
Well we will see, I'm still not convinced the Inspire will come at the same time the Atrix comes. I can't remember a time when a major high profile phone like this was released alongside another somewhat high profile phone. I mean if they are not seeing the Inspire as a top phone then I guess they can release it like they did the Cliq 2 but hell even the Cliq 2 got some facetime at CES

I'm sure they'll run separate ads at a later date but you can't expect them to showcase every high end phone in their lineup during the Superbowl, especially when a 30 second spot costs $3 million.

Upvote 0
I'm sure they'll run separate ads at a later date but you can't expect them to showcase every high end phone in their lineup during the Superbowl, especially when a 30 second spot costs $3 million.

I'm sure but what I'm saying is I don't think and this is by no means fact but I don't think the Inspire releases at the same time as the Atrix

Upvote 0
I'm sure but what I'm saying is I don't think and this is by no means fact but I don't think the Inspire releases at the same time as the Atrix

Oh yea, on that front I agree. I think they're just trying to take advantage of the popularity of the super bowl and at the same time making it as cost effective as possible.

Upvote 0
Oh yea, on that front I agree. I think they're just trying to take advantage of the popularity of the super bowl and at the same time making it as cost effective as possible.

That makes sense but I'm reading several threads that the Inspire releases the same time the Atrix does which doesn't make sense. Which ever one comes 1st I see the other releasing after 30 days to minimize returns of trying out the other phone.

Upvote 0
I think the Atrix and Inspire coming out at the same time makes perfect sense actually.

AT&T (other carriers) have been releasing phones in pairs lately.

AT&T launched 2 wp7 at the same time
the bravo and flipside were launched at the same time

The Samsung captivate and BB torch were launched around the same time

on verizon, when the first droids came out, the Eris and Moto Droid came out at the same time...

who cares if they release the phones at the same time....it will make the atrix people happy and the inspire people happy

(and make the people who cant decide go crazy)

Upvote 0
I think the Atrix and Inspire coming out at the same time makes perfect sense actually.

on verizon, when the first droids came out, the Eris and Moto Droid came out at the same time...

who cares if they release the phones at the same time....it will make the atrix people happy and the inspire people happy

It also makes sense if you think about the money aspect. They save by releasing simultaneously and then have double the traffic because both people for both phones will be there

Upvote 0

Dude seriously, Flipside, Bravo, Droid and Eris. Yea makes sense if you are going to consider the Inspire a lesser phone not on par with the Atrix as the Eris was to the Droid. Other than that I don't see why it makes sense. Can you elaborate?

Upvote 0
Not to mention they may be at two different price levels as well.

The Atrix clearly has the better specs and probably will be priced a little higher. As I said before yes I can see them releasing around the same time if the Inspire is going to be considered the little brother if you will. I think the Atrix is going to be AT&Ts flagship Android phone and emphasis and advertising are going to be focused on it.

Upvote 0
The Atrix clearly has the better specs and probably will be priced a little higher. As I said before yes I can see them releasing around the same time if the Inspire is going to be considered the little brother if you will. I think the Atrix is going to be AT&Ts flagship Android phone and emphasis and advertising are going to be focused on it.

Sure so 199 for inspire and 250 for atrix

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones