• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Release date: 6/24 nationwide; 6/21 for SP members.

After watching the video that was posted, I have to say I think this might move to a early July release instead of early June.

Hannah in the video kept repeating "very early stages" and "earlier then you think"

I think middle of Summer now. Just my guess.

Yeah, that has me worried too. It just needs to come out now. From the looks of the phone, it seems to be running fine imo. Tweak it, and send out software updates OTA and there you go! lol

Reactions: nitussi
Upvote 0
Yeah, that has me worried too. It just needs to come out now. From the looks of the phone, it seems to be running fine imo. Tweak it, and send out software updates OTA and there you go! lol

That's a bad idea IMO. Nothing worse than launching a product that is deemed "unfinished" or "too early" by the users and media. Too much gets rushed out onto the market these days.

Upvote 0
After watching the video that was posted, I have to say I think this might move to a early July release instead of early June.

Hannah in the video kept repeating "very early stages" and "earlier then you think"

Doubt that, Sprint always release 1st week of June. By July every carrier will have the same specs phone..Motorola already has a similar handset out now, The Atrix, well besides the 3D part. Hannah did a great job in that video, but she did mess up when it came to the software ..when it comes to the lock screen you are supposed to slide the icon to the circle, not the circle to the icon. As far as I can see, the software looks ready for release.

Upvote 0

I agree. "earlier than you think" to me implies earlier than the Evo 4G was during CTIA last year. If this is true, it would be hard to imagine the Evo 3D having the same release date as the Evo 4G.

Much to my chagrin, I'm guessing the Evo 3D has a decent chance of slipping from the traditional first weekend in June to anywhere in June or early July.

Unless, of course, she didn't mean for that one comment to be over-analyzed, and she was just trying to tone down the seemingly eager videographer's expectations.

Who knows :p

Upvote 0
Rumor: New iPhone won't make its debut at WWDC | PhoneDog

Looking like Apple might not be releasing the next Iphone in June.

I really think if this is the case Sprint will NOT rush to get this phone out. I am still thinking late June early July.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt that Apple will stray from their 12 month product refresh timeline. It has been this way since the iPod (maybe earlier?) and has worked tremendousl well for them since.

Upvote 0
I dunno, veriPhone users may be pissed to learn that their iPhone 4 is now outdated just a couple months after release. I think it will appease both att and verizon (but mostly verizon) if they released the 5 sometime early fall. It also gives apple the time to create both gsm and cdma iPhones, so who knows, it may actually happen, since the appearance of the veriPhone was a game changer.

But then again, I could be totally wrong ;)

Upvote 0
I dunno, veriPhone users may be pissed to learn that their iPhone 4 is now outdated just a couple months after release.

But then again, I could be totally wrong ;)

Well, it should be pretty clear to all verizon customers that that iPhone 4 was out on ATT for 6+ months prior to Verizon getting it. Furthermore, phones launch on one carrier and then "migrate" to another months later. This includes the iPhone's track record in the Europe. Here in the US we didn't see this because ATT had exclusivity up until now.

Upvote 0
Well, it should be pretty clear to all verizon customers that that iPhone 4 was out on ATT for 6+ months prior to Verizon getting it. Furthermore, phones launch on one carrier and then "migrate" to another months later. This includes the iPhone's track record in the Europe. Here in the US we didn't see this because ATT had exclusivity up until now.

That may be true, but to people who are aware of tech blogs/websites/news. I have many friends who ask me when the new iPhone will be released. It's really not that common of a fact that apple tends to release products annually. It may seem so to us because we visit these kinds of websites frequently.

But like I said, it's all speculation right now. And we all know apple, they like to keep us on our toes. They say WWDC will be pure software announcements only, but who knows what Jobs has up his sleeves?

But to get back on track, I really hope it gets released some time in June, since that's when my ATT contract is up (can't wait to get away from them).

Upvote 0
Well, Sprint is getting the Nexus S soon. Are we expecting that to delay the next gen nexus launch? I sure am not... It's also worth noting that Verizon doesn't offer early upgrades anymore, and they changed their upgrade policy to be more strict just before the iPhone launch. Even if they delay the iPhone 5 a couple months, the early Verizon adopters are stills screwed. I will add that I don't think it's reaching to far to say that the great majority of people that bought a verizon iPhone were aware that it was ATT exclusive prior. They may not know the sepcific dates, but I find it hard to believe that they didn't know the iPhone 4 was out for quite some time for ATT. Sure there will be a few, but not the masses.

Upvote 0
Well, Sprint is getting the Nexus S soon. Are we expecting that to delay the next gen nexus launch? I sure am not... It's also worth noting that Verizon doesn't offer early upgrades anymore, and they changed their upgrade policy to be more strict just before the iPhone launch. Even if they delay the iPhone 5 a couple months, the early Verizon adopters are stills screwed. I will add that I don't think it's reaching to far to say that the great majority of people that bought a verizon iPhone were aware that it was ATT exclusive prior. They may not know the sepcific dates, but I find it hard to believe that they didn't know the iPhone 4 was out for quite some time for ATT. Sure there will be a few, but not the masses.

I think it is safe to say that any of the iPhone 4 users are not too tech savvy ;) Probably don't even know what LTE is, so they won't even know what they are missing out on.

Upvote 0
Ugh, I just want my E3D already. Any news? Any news on when news of this phone is coming out? lol Man the waiting is killing me.
Trust me, man. I feel you. I don't even own an Android phone. I'm still using a Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330. No, not the touchpad ones. This is the old-school trackball. This phone has gone through so much. I hate it, but I love it. I mean, any phone that has been dropped 500+ times, thrown through a pane of glass (funny story, really) and been underwater twice, one of those two times for more than 12 hours. It still powers on, it still does what it needs to do, and I need to get rid of it. The 2.5" diagonal screen is killing me. I look at the real estate on my friend's EVO and almost start drooling.

Anyway, that's my rant. I will hopefully have this phone in my hands before July.

Also, I have to ask.... Who's Hannah? I read people referring to Hannah in earlier posts.

Upvote 0
....Also, I have to ask.... Who's Hannah? I read people referring to Hannah in earlier posts.

Hannah is a mythical dream lady: very intelligent, professional, well mannered, nice soft voice, good looking too... AND already proficient in the HTC EVO 3D about which she can talk long and with pleasure, explaining and demoing all the features!

Now you think this is nice dream and can not be real.

But she IS real and available to show her stunning qualities which are prefect match with the HTC EVO 3D :D: HANNAH

Upvote 0
I don't know when Sprint will be launching the EVO 3D, but if they past may, they're going to lose out on more possible customers...

Verizon's Sprint roadmap has been leaked, so there's going to be a lot of folks locked into Verizon for 2 years. This issue isn't just about getting locked into a 2 year contract. If these people purchase the phones Verizon will be putting out in May, and they end up with the same or similar experience with data speeds on LTE, it's going to be even harder for Sprint to try and win them over to Sprint in 2 years....

Verizon’s Spring Roadmap Leaked, April Full of Androids with Samsung Droid Charge, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, and HTC Droid Incredible 2 [EXCLUSIVE]

Upvote 0
I don't know when Sprint will be launching the EVO 3D, but if they past may, they're going to lose out on more possible customers...

Verizon's Sprint roadmap has been leaked, so there's going to be a lot of folks locked into Verizon for 2 years. This issue isn't just about getting locked into a 2 year contract. If these people purchase the phones Verizon will be putting out in May, and they end up with the same or similar experience with data speeds on LTE, it's going to be even harder for Sprint to try and win them over to Sprint in 2 years....

Verizon

Upvote 0
Thing is, an April release for all those devices falls in line with when the Droid Incredible was released, which was around the same time last year. No matter what, that's not gonna play a huge factor in sales for the EVO 3D. If they do manage to steal away some customers that are going to be getting off contract w/ the other providers soon, those people will just continue month to month service until Sprint releases the EVO 3D. Ultimately, the general consumer is going for convenience and savings, while still being able to get the "best phone" for their particular needs. If they believe that Sprint will adhere to that more-so than their current provider, they'll leave. If not, they won't.

I know for sure that I would've left Sprint a while ago, if they weren't the only provider that worked at my house and also the most affordable bang-for-the buck plan pricing. Truth is, they are...for my needs...so I'll continue to be on Sprint until that changes.

I agree. I am guessing that most consumers do not even keep track of when a phone is coming (unless iPhone) and purchase whatever they see when they get to the store. Why do I believe this? Because no one I know cares about the specs on the 3D so long as their phone emails, texts, calls, and surfs the web.

I'm leaving big red, because of their shitty service (come on, I live in Denver/Boulder, CO, how in the world I have bad service is beyond me. And before I hear that it might be my phone, I carried a DInc and my Alias at the same time and had horrible reception with both), rates are getting too high, and customer service is going downhill.

Reactions: iwillfearnoevil
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones