• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Release date: 6/24 nationwide; 6/21 for SP members.

I'm leaving big red, because of their shitty service (come on, I live in Denver/Boulder, CO, how in the world I have bad service is beyond me. And before I hear that it might be my phone, I carried a DInc and my Alias at the same time and had horrible reception with both), rates are getting too high, and customer service is going downhill.

My GF is with verizon and hates the service. She drops calls and 3G often. The only reason she stays on it is because her work pays for the all you can eat plan, which includes personal minutes. The kciker is she went from an iPhone 3GS on ATT and has had more dropped calls in the four months she had the Incredible than she did in a year and a half of ATT. Is that irony or what?

Upvote 0
I'm very sorry to say with the recent leaks of the HTC pyramid i might decide to go with the Pyramid (tmobile) instead of the 3D, depending on which device comes out first.

I wasn't really interested in 3D. It was just a bonus feature that i would probably never use. I was more interested in the new dual core processor, qhd display and amazing htc sense 3.0. If pyramid comes before evo 3D i might not be able to resist till June.

Upvote 0
I'm very sorry to say with the recent leaks of the HTC pyramid i might decide to go with the Pyramid (tmobile) instead of the 3D, depending on which device comes out first.

I wasn't really interested in 3D. It was just a bonus feature that i would probably never use. I was more interested in the new dual core processor, qhd display and amazing htc sense 3.0. If pyramid comes before evo 3D i might not be able to resist till June.

I'd pay close attention to ATT's propsed acquisition of T-MO in the coming months/ year. That could lead you into a giant headache.

Upvote 0

HTC Pyramid bares it all in photo expose

Apparently only 768 MB of RAM (although, may not be a big deal).

Upvote 0
what does the pyramid have over e3d? e3d has all and more.. right?

I don't care about the 3D cameras, but would much prefer the recessed 2D cam on the pyramid. Aside from a bit of ram (which is a bummer) and the 3D cameras (which I could care less about), it doesn't seem like I would give up much.

EDIT: Seems the front camera would be a downgrade too. Since I am not terribly hopeful for Skype any longer, this really doesn't matter to me so much.

Upvote 0
you can turn off the 3d stuff..
you can put on a thin case to fix the camera lip issue... which i will for protection anyways.

going to pyramid would be a lesser device... to me.

att now controls tmobile.. so i dont want anything with that either.

good points. I'm pretty sure I will end up getting the EVO 3D. I think I saw that the Pyramid has less RAM, too. Pyramid only has 3/4GB and EVO 3D has 1GB.

Upvote 0
you can turn off the 3d stuff..
you can put on a thin case to fix the camera lip issue... which i will for protection anyways.

going to pyramid would be a lesser device... to me.

att now controls tmobile.. so i dont want anything with that either.

Again, I said that I wish this was coming to Sprint, so TMO would be out of the question if my wishes came to be. Sure, I CAN put on a case. There are plenty of things I can do, but should I have to? It seems more and more people are content with being required to throw on a case just to keep a poorly designed camera lens from being trashed in a couple of months.

FWIW I always put my phones in a case. I have even back in the days of flip phones. That doesn't mean we should feel we are REQUIRED to to make up for a design that makes the product prone to damage.

Upvote 0
Well sort of. I can get what I want so long as it's on SPrint :-/
I am not necessarily speaking for you, but rather the general populous. The pyramid is virtually everything seem to want in the EVO 3D and nothing they don't want. We are simply wishing we had that choice to make, but obviously the network it is launching on completely kills it.

Upvote 0
No way would I take pyramid over 3d even if it was on Sprint. I'm really stoked for 3D video capture and pictures. Will be awesome when I can record people at my shows! I am bummed no real protection for camera lens. I get cases no matter what anyways so no big deal. Hopefully they have something nice. An aluminum back cover accessory that doesn't interfere with signal would be ideal.

Upvote 0
No way would I take pyramid over 3d even if it was on Sprint. I'm really stoked for 3D video capture and pictures. Will be awesome when I can record people at my shows! I am bummed no real protection for camera lens. I get cases no matter what anyways so no big deal. Hopefully they have something nice. An aluminum back cover accessory that doesn't interfere with signal would be ideal.

If that's the case, then you can get the kickstand case and you'll have a great phone.

I'm still on the fence, whether or not to upgrade. I must say, it is such a luxury that I still love my EVO just as much as the first day I bought it on release.

Upvote 0

This is my prediction:
Everyone getting the 3D will be excitedly snapping pics and recording video in 3D. Once the honeymoon is over I think people will be forgetting about their 3D recording.

Again, just a prediction. :p

Upvote 0
I'm still on the fence, whether or not to upgrade. I must say, it is such a luxury that I still love my EVO just as much as the first day I bought it on release.

I am too. My decision will be based on a couple things.
1. Sprint's 4G status (will I be getting 4G any time in the foreseeable future, and in what form - there is the LTE rumor floating)
2. Price is a big factor. Will they help us early adopters out like ATT has done in the past with iPhones?
3. Resale value of the EVO. I'd like to get at least $100 for it to ease the cost of upgrading. One thing I loved about the iPhone is the droves of people willing to spend hundreds on last year's model. That made yearly upgrades actually profitable.

Upvote 0
This is my prediction:
Everyone getting the 3D will be excitedly snapping pics and recording video in 3D. Once the honeymoon is over I think people will be forgetting about their 3D recording.

Oh you're totally right. I just want pics of me playing in 3D so when my friends partake in their supplements they can have it popping out on the 3D tv.

AND NO KICKSTAND FOR ME! lol. I'm pretty sure that would drive me nuts & or get broken. My phone needs the minimal amount of things sticking out of it as possible.

Upvote 0
This is my prediction:

at least i had the option to get tired of it...

and it i ever wanted to do it again.. i have the option too.

I am too. My decision will be based on a couple things.
1. Sprint's 4G status (will I be getting 4G any time in the foreseeable future, and in what form - there is the LTE rumor floating)
2. Price is a big factor. Will they help us early adopters out like ATT has done in the past with iPhones?
3. Resale value of the EVO. I'd like to get at least $100 for it to ease the cost of upgrading. One thing I loved about the iPhone is the droves of people willing to spend hundreds on last year's model. That made yearly upgrades actually profitable.

3. i am sure if you sell in on craigslist you would get way more than $100.. my guess $150 and up

Upvote 0
you are the seller.. how could it be shady.. unless you are the one that is shady. :p

i just say.. local only and will only meet at a sprint store! you get to see it is a good esn and can be activated... I get cash!!!!

We don't have a local Sprint store. And... I'd rather not be mugged. Tried a handful of times selling my iPhones locally this way and it just wasn't worth the hassle/risk for me. On top of that you get the lovely scammer spam. No thanks.

Upvote 0
wow.. really.. sorry it was that way for u.

i have sold a few things on craigslist.. 3 sprint phones and a few other electronics... never any issues.

It's not terrible with big items (furniture, computers, TVs, etc.) What isn't great is the small phones. There are reasons why this is the case in this town, but I won't name them as I don't want to sound racist. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones