• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android Market. Love it or hate it??

I thought I was the only one. I got my update last night while in the middle of updating Handcent. During the middle of the Handcent update, my Market closed on me and when I opened it up, it was the brand new version.

I have about 15 or so apps installed but now my Market only lists 5 as currently installed. For some reason, Handcent is listed in the "Not Installed" category when it IS installed. I hope a solution to our problem pops up soon. This is kind of annoying.

Upvote 0
anyone got a screencap of the new market?
‪A New Android Market for Phones‬‏ - YouTube

This says it all I think

Or if you are brave enough, get it here: http://androidcommunity.com/grab-the-new-android-market-right-here-20110712/

Edi0 I am running the OTA update to Gingerbead, so sideloading is enabled, I am not rooted or hacked in any way. So I said what the heck and tried to install the apk linked above. Well it gave me a message about replacing a system app or something, I clicked ok. Well it installed and works great. Just for the heck of it, I went into Menu --> settings --> applications --> manage applications __ market --> uninstall updated. Well it uninstalled the update and is back to normal. So if you install it, or it has already installed and you do not like it, just uninstall the update and you are back to normal.

Reactions: k3Ck
Upvote 0
‪A New Android Market for Phones‬‏ - YouTube

This says it all I think

Or if you are brave enough, get it here: Grab the new Android Market Right HERE! | Android Community

Edi0 I am running the OTA update to Gingerbead, so sideloading is enabled, I am not rooted or hacked in any way. So I said what the heck and tried to install the apk linked above. Well it gave me a message about replacing a system app or something, I clicked ok. Well it installed and works great. Just for the heck of it, I went into Menu --> settings --> applications --> manage applications __ market --> uninstall updated. Well it uninstalled the update and is back to normal. So if you install it, or it has already installed and you do not like it, just uninstall the update and you are back to normal.

I used that link and the new market installed fine and works great, thanks.

Reactions: james27007
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones