• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...first earthquake I've ever felt...news here in Owasso, suburb of Tulsa, said the one about 15 min ago was a 5.2....I slept through the one last night!! Got three kids in the bed with me all of a sudden. Good thing it's Saturday, coach isn't gonna get much sleep tonight! lol

Yeah, I've never felt any of the ones we've had over the last few years. I've heard the boom on a couple of them, but never felt them. This one kinda freaked me out.

Reactions: coach26
Upvote 0
See what happens when you guys keep asking for earth shattering news??? :) Hope everyone there is ok!

Looked on the local news here, guess it was felt here in Indiana, 70 miles west of Indy.

HAHA, yeah, definitely some earth-moving news tonight ;)

Yeah, no one's hurt on this one. It's going to sound pretty lame to the California GNexers. Sounds like it's going to come down somewhere between 5.2 and 5.8.

It's still one of the biggest, if not THE biggest in OK history :)

Upvote 0
I was bored and just doing some searching and came across this. not sure if its a real deal or some one posting BS, but for the GSM folks .
BNIB SAMSUNG 16GB GALAXY NEXUS PRIME BLACK FACTORY UNLOCKED No Network Logos GSM | eBay

Delivery date shows between Nov 8 and Nov 14.

Upvote 0
funny story...During the earthquake wife was on the pot...she's screaming, kids are yelling..."Mom, Dad"...then after it all settles down, the wife looks at me and says "well I guess I can go finish now"...lol...I guess it literally scared the S---t back into her!!! :)...she's gonna kick my ass if she finds out I posted this....lol

Upvote 0
funny story...wife was on the pot...she's screaming, kids are yelling..."Mom, Dad"...then afterafter it all settles down, the wife looks at me and says "well I guess I can go finish now"...lol...I guess it literally scared the S---t back into her!!! :)...she's gonna kick my ass if she finds out I posted this....lol

Literally just lol'd in the bar and had to explain why!

Reactions: coach26
Upvote 0
hello all, decided after all the watching of this thread I've been doing I should help get the post count past 40k or something before this thing drops (also this seems like a great community with awesome mods, but post counts are whats really important). Anyways, I had a few questions about this thing. This would be my first smartphone. First up is how long do you guys think it'll be before the price drops? I know I'll probably catch some flame-age for not being loyal and getting it on launch day, but $300 would be a lot for me right now. Also, my dad has an unlimited data plan he got grandfathered in on but he never gets close to 2gb, and has agreed to swap his plan for the one I would be getting the gnex with as long as he can keep his phone number, so do you guys think that would be possible? I'll go ahead and put a preemptive thanks here because from what I've seen you guys are a really nice and helpful bunch, and I can't wait to become a part it.

Upvote 0
Samsung's Galaxy Nexus page has changed to include Verizon in the heading. I don't think it was like this before.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

:eek:

Nice! That definitely was NOT there before! And who says new info doesn't leak out on the weekends? Today was a very informative day.

After seeing this, and the Verizon charts/info being sent out to the stores, and the Costco screen....I have a feeling that Verizon is gearing up to tell us something next week. Just my feeling though. Hope I'm right.

Upvote 0
hello all, decided after all the watching of this thread I've been doing I should help get the post count past 40k or something before this thing drops (also this seems like a great community with awesome mods, but post counts are whats really important). Anyways, I had a few questions about this thing. This would be my first smartphone. First up is how long do you guys think it'll be before the price drops? I know I'll probably catch some flame-age for not being loyal and getting it on launch day, but $300 would be a lot for me right now. Also, my dad has an unlimited data plan he got grandfathered in on but he never gets close to 2gb, and has agreed to swap his plan for the one I would be getting the gnex with as long as he can keep his phone number, so do you guys think that would be possible? I'll go ahead and put a preemptive thanks here because from what I've seen you guys are a really nice and helpful bunch, and I can't wait to become a part it.

I think the only way you could get his unlimited data is by taking his line and number since the data won't transfer between lines. He wouls lose his number though and get yours.

Reactions: modster
Upvote 0

No one is going to flame you for waiting to buy it until the price goes down. At least not me. I am just happy there is an interest. As far as transferring unlimited data, good luck! I would guess it would be a no. So you probably have to talk him into giving you his number. But I don't know, so VERIFY!

Upvote 0

Welcome to the madness!! :D I don't think they will drop the price very soon, not till something bigger,better,faster comes out and they want to move the stock. And as far as moving the data plan, I would say you will have to call VZW on that one. I would think they would transfer the data package seeing as how it wont cost them (or cause loss of revenue) but I can't say.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones