• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening everyone! I'm a new member of the family but wanted to chime in tonight with my little adventure today. No juicy news but for what it's worth I figured I'd share it with you guys. So on my lunch break today I headed over to the Verizon store to speak to some of the sales associates. They all know I work in retail too and we usually swap war stories of the holidays. But today I decided to for the first time bring up the Nexus with them and they all looked like deer in headlights. They just kept tip toeing around the subject saying they didn't know anything besides that it was coming out before the end of the year. One of the guys asked me what I'd heard about a release date so I said the 9th and that it wasn't looking to likely now. He replied with, "well you know more then me then........." I could tell that they were all blatantly lying and were being forced to keep their lips sealed so I just said, "I understand". Lol. The guy said just before I left, "I don't blame you for holding out, it should be worth it."

Probably could have made of simplified version but I have no one to talk to about this phone becides you guys pretty much. Friends, family, & girlfriend could all care less :p

So that was my attempt to get some answers, but I feel slightly a bit more optimistic after that experience.

Upvote 0
12 Central time and no announcement so im going to bed

Night guys and gals

Another day tomorrow and another morning of waking up and checking my Tbolt while laying in bed to see if there has been an official announcement. Not getting my hopes up but theres always tomorrow!

Ah so I'm not the only one who abides by the "check phone first, wake up later" method?
(Often times I'm not even fully awake while I'm using it; and when I look back on it, all I remember is feeling very delusional XD)

Upvote 0
Good evening everyone! I'm a new member of the family but wanted to chime in tonight with my little adventure today. No juicy news but for what it's worth I figured I'd share it with you guys. So on my lunch break today I headed over to the Verizon store to speak to some of the sales associates. They all know I work in retail too and we usually swap war stories of the holidays. But today I decided to for the first time bring up the Nexus with them and they all looked like deer in headlights. They just kept tip toeing around the subject saying they didn't know anything besides that it was coming out before the end of the year. One of the guys asked me what I'd heard about a release date so I said the 9th and that it wasn't looking to likely now. He replied with, "well you know more then me then........." I could tell that they were all blatantly lying and were being forced to keep their lips sealed so I just said, "I understand". Lol. The guy said just before I left, "I don't blame you for holding out, it should be worth it."

Probably could have made of simplified version but I have no one to talk to about this phone becides you guys pretty much. Friends, family, & girlfriend could all care less :p

So that was my attempt to get some answers, but I feel slightly a bit more optimistic after that experience.

Welcome! Great first post!

Reactions: TheStapher7
Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm super excited for this phone. It's a shame we're hearing about these delays to the 13th. Personally, I will head down to several corporate stores in NY and NJ tomorrow (or should I say today?) and Friday and see what is going on and who knows what. I'll be sure to let you all know what happens when I get back. Epic thread you guys have here by the way. :)

Welcome

Reactions: ItsASamsung
Upvote 0
Ah so I'm not the only one who abides by the "check phone first, wake up later" method?
(Often times I'm not even fully awake while I'm using it; and when I look back on it, all I remember is feeling very delusional XD)

I think most of us employ the phone first, wake up second method.

NOW GO TO BED!!!!!!
:D

Reactions: scottg96
Upvote 0
I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but did anyone notice the new "buy one get one free" deal for Samsung Stratosphere on Verizon Wireless homepage? It says the deal ends on 12/12 so I feel like the 12/13 release date for Galaxy Nexus might just be right...

Of course, I'm still hoping for the Friday release but might as well throw this speculation out there for some of you to think about :D

Reactions: Kenahng and jbdan
Upvote 0
Much thanks. :)

Oh I see you're in NJ. Have you or anyone else heard anything about a possible December 9th launch in our tri-state area? I can see most of the other states did at one point but nothing here.

Seems to be pretty tight lipped here too. :(

Then one looks at your new avatar.... :D

Lol. It was too good to pass up.

Upvote 0
Wow.....finally caught up after a few days. Took a nasty spill and haven't felt much like joining in. However, wanted/ needed to add my thank you to Steven. Always a gentle-man .....and much appreciated.
I retire in 8 days. Someone please tell me that this phone will be in my hands by then!
Good night, kids.....and, again, blessings on your head, Steven.

Upvote 0
Wow.....finally caught up after a few days. Took a nasty spill and haven't felt much like joining in. However, wanted/ needed to add my thank you to Steven. Always a gentle-man .....and much appreciated.
I retire in 8 days. Someone please tell me that this phone will be in my hands by then!

welcome back glad to see your doing ok :D

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm super excited for this phone. It's a shame we're hearing about these delays to the 13th. Personally, I will head down to several corporate stores in NY and NJ tomorrow (or should I say today?) and Friday and see what is going on and who knows what. I'll be sure to let you all know what happens when I get back. Epic thread you guys have here by the way. :)

Welcome, both of you! :)

Upvote 0

Hope you're okay and congratulations on retirement!

Upvote 0

My wife took a spill, too, Gramma... She's in a lot pain, but is starting to come around. How are you doing? In pain too? Hope not. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones