• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When can we buy it?

i'm losing faith in this phone....

It was supposed to be out in june according to samsungs own press release, and yet there is no phone, and no explanation to why!!

You can order it now from o2 on the german site!

With order I do mean ORDER.
So it's available in germany now, coming to the UK this summer and other countries will follow.

Upvote 0
With order I do mean ORDER.
So it's available in germany now, coming to the UK this summer and other countries will follow.

yes it has been on sale in germnay for a few weeks and it's just gone on sale in France.

they seem to be rolling this out slowly, well it feels slow cause i want one.
T-Mobile start taking Pre orders for the Hero tomorrow so i am hoping that 02 feel the need to give us more info on a UK release tomorrow as well.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I just want to inform you that it is now possible to buy the Samsung Galaxy in Media Markt shops in Germany. At least in Flensburg...

Price: EUR 449,-

And yes you can buy it even though your are not from Germany!
I bought it today and went back to Denmark and it works with my own SIM card.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I just want to inform you that it is now possible to buy the Samsung Galaxy in Media Markt shops in Germany. At least in Flensburg...

so tell us what do you think of the phone and what is it like to live with i.e Batter life and Size of the phone?

Upvote 0
Well, from what I have tried so far it really feels great!

The form factor is good but not quite as good as the Iphone, however, the Galaxy weighs less than the Iphone so that is a plus.

The screen is bright and clear and everything seems very smooth and responsive. All though I must admit that the onscreen keyboard takes some time to get used to, but I guess that is what you can expect when you are used to a normal phone.

I think it is too early for me to be talking about battery life since I have been playing around with this A LOT since I got it (downloading/installing a ton of apps and trying almost every single option that I can think of. : )

For more info I recommend that you take a look at this very nice unboxing video from Arne at www.theunwired.net:

http://www.theunwired.net/?item=videoview-unboxing-the-samsung-galaxy-gt-i7500-android-smartphone

Upvote 0
Do you only have the onscreen querty keyboard or other ones as well (normal mobile phone one)?

I've seen some video's where you can change that + there will be one that you can install too.

I am sure that you can download some apps which will give you the possibility to have different keyboard layouts. I for example got the "scandinavian keyboard" from the Android Market, which adds

Upvote 0
What is the camera/video like? Im really interested to know how it stacks up compared to say the iphone/5Mp Nokias.

Am v jealous of you!

The camera functions are quite easy to use because there are not that many details for you to adjust (Camera flash: on, off or auto. Video: high or low quality).

The autofocus is quite fast and the pictures are ok and it is very nice to have the possibility to use a flash when taking pictures.

So far the picture quality has not been outstanding compared to the pictures I have seen on the Iphone and Nokia phones, which is a little disappointing, but I think I need to take some more pictures in different surroundings (inside/outside) before I can make any final comments on the camera.

Otherwise I guess that we just have to wait for some real camera experts to make an actual comparison of the cameras.

As for the video camera the picture quality is also ok (not HD or anything but ok). It is quite responsive but the sound quality could be better.
Still it is nice to have the video option when you see something that just needs to go on Youtube instantly. : )

Upvote 0
The camera functions are quite easy to use because there are not that many details for you to adjust (Camera flash: on, off or auto. Video: high or low quality).

The autofocus is quite fast and the pictures are ok and it is very nice to have the possibility to use a flash when taking pictures.

So far the picture quality has not been outstanding compared to the pictures I have seen on the Iphone and Nokia phones, which is a little disappointing, but I think I need to take some more pictures in different surroundings (inside/outside) before I can make any final comments on the camera.

Otherwise I guess that we just have to wait for some real camera experts to make an actual comparison of the cameras.

As for the video camera the picture quality is also ok (not HD or anything but ok). It is quite responsive but the sound quality could be better.
Still it is nice to have the video option when you see something that just needs to go on Youtube instantly. : )

What a pity, I was hoping because it is a Samsung phone the camera would be better than the iphone.. Ill wait for reviews but I really appreciate your comments:)

Upvote 0
Hi,

I was there yesterday, but unfortuantly it's sold out :(
bummer

Upvote 0
2z3w86b.jpg

This is what my countrys biggest importer says on its site. I will order mine tomorrow trough my friend who is working there; just to guarantee that I'll get one first :D

Prize is a hefty 461 x 1.22 = ~560€, but that is not an issue :p

So is there 192Mb or 288Mb of RAM? :thinking: I guess it doesnt matter if you dont multirun more than 3 programs... (MSN, browser and something)

Upvote 0
^That's a link to "cellphone4all.net".
An unlocked phone at half the regular price? It sure sounds like a sweet, sweet deal.

From their "Policies" page:
[...]
All Replacements and Exchanges cell phones can be processed only within 14 day period.
For accessories, bluetooth, battery etc...... return and exchange policy will be only for 7 days after that no rma will be issued.
[...]
After 14 day period, all manufacturers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones