• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When can we buy it?

I am not sure I am going to get another Android device until the the OS supports larger screens, and the hardware is substantially more powerful. Either Snapdragon, and a 3.5 or even a 4" screen is what I am looking for. Pocketability is second on my list.

Id also really like a GREAT dedicated graphics subsystem. Im not sure what is available besides the Tegra (nVidia) though ATI also has a mobile solution.

OVerall, I am looking for a real breakthough in hardware for Android.

Upvote 0
No new news but i thought you Guys in the UL might find this interesting or annoying.

I work for a Telecoms company and i managed to get in touch with some one that fairly highup in 02 and has been working for the company for many years, since it was cell net I think.

so i asked the question about this phone and all i was told was we have no Info on this phone yet. so it woudl seem that no one out side the top managment has any details on this phones cost or relese date in the UK.

Upvote 0
2z3w86b.jpg

This is what my countrys biggest importer says on its site. I will order mine tomorrow trough my friend who is working there; just to guarantee that I'll get one first :D

Prize is a hefty 461 x 1.22 = ~560€, but that is not an issue :p

So is there 192Mb or 288Mb of RAM? :thinking: I guess it doesnt matter if you dont multirun more than 3 programs... (MSN, browser and something)

Someone mailed to Samsung Finland and asked about the phone. They said that not until September :(

And that says 20.7.2009, so I guess they haven't had any new updates. Still thinking between Android (Galaxy / Hero) or iPhone 3GS.

The biggest selling point would be the navigation program. There doesn't seem to be any decent programs available to Android, which is a pretty shame. Samsung has less memory 192megs and hero has 288megs.

Hard choices :(

Upvote 0
Someone mailed to Samsung Finland and asked about the phone. They said that not until September :(

And that says 20.7.2009, so I guess they haven't had any new updates. Still thinking between Android (Galaxy / Hero) or iPhone 3GS.

The biggest selling point would be the navigation program. There doesn't seem to be any decent programs available to Android, which is a pretty shame. Samsung has less memory 192megs and hero has 288megs.

Hard choices :(

Theres always co pilot, thats v good nav software. You can get it for free if you look in the right places too.;)

Upvote 0
I can verify that cellphone4all.net is a scam. My friend tried to order a phone through that site and they told him that they were having a problem with the credit card processing and could he please send them a money order...yeah, right. Yesterday, I put in an order at the site wiredia.com (formerly known as mobilebee.com) Buy Samsung I7500 (Unlocked) The site is quite questionable with dozens of negative reviews. I figure I don't have too much to lose since I can just do a charge back. They assured me when I ordered the phone that it was in stock. Today they notified me that the phone is backordered and that there will be a 2-4 day delay. Their online site still says "in stock", so I called them and said that "I would like to order a Samsung I-7500, do you have any in stock" and they told me that the phone was on back order. So at least I have some reassurance of honesty. We shall see...

Upvote 0
it has arrived!

good delivary time!

I just want 02 to pull there finguer out and start selling it in the uk so i can get one.
I looked at the Hero and came very close to getting one from T-Mobile but it has been reported that all the cool UI stuff slows the phone down a lot as the CPU is not up to the job. Shame :(
so i think i still going to go with the Galaxy aslong as 02's contract it not stupidly expensive.

Upvote 0
good delivary time!

I just want 02 to pull there finguer out and start selling it in the uk so i can get one.
I looked at the Hero and came very close to getting one from T-Mobile but it has been reported that all the cool UI stuff slows the phone down a lot as the CPU is not up to the job. Shame :(
so i think i still going to go with the Galaxy aslong as 02's contract it not stupidly expensive.

Release date - week commencing 10th August

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones