• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note stuck at Samsung logo after automatic update

Hey guys... I had the same problem yesterday and after researching for like hours, I came across a solution that actually worked for me...

You have to unroot your NOTE to a gingerbread version using ODIN..

After that you can upgrade to ICS through the software update from the phone.

It took me around 3 hours cause I had to download the gingerbread 2.3.6 version (~550mb), Samsung Kies, Odin and then unroot, factory reset and then update my phone around 3-4 times to get the final ICS update.

Download:
Gingerbread Link: [STOCK ROMS] N7000 All stock ROMs + install + Root guide All at 1place,Latest ICS LQ3 - xda-developers (Select appropriate link based on region, only the 2.3.X versions)

Odin: Download Tools/ODIN/Odin3v185.zip at StockROMs.net

Kies: Download Samsung/Kies_2.0.3.11082_152_4.exe at DownloadAndroidROM.com

Step 1: Download from all of the above links and unzip. Install Kies if not done so in order for your pc to detect your phone.

Step 2: Put your Galaxy Note into download mode by holding down the Volume Down, Center button, and the Power button together for about 10 seconds. Then press volume up when you see the warning sign. Connect it to your computer.

Step 3: Run Odin

Step 4: Choose

Reactions: ashOtago
Upvote 0
Ya I tried it on my note and its working just fine. Dont't worry about it, I was a beginner as well. I read that the only ROM's that were safe for NOTE are the gingerbread ROM's. If you flash an ICS ROM, then you wont be able to factory reset or anything like that as there is a great chance for you NOTE to brick.

And about the updating part - After you finish the above steps, you'll be on gingerbread. So just update your phone manually. For me, samsung(My Phone) asked me to update so I kept on doing that until I was from gingerbread to ICS(there are like 3-4 updates in between). I was also asked to update that "7 Mb" file(after installing ICS), which led to this problem of hanging on the samsung logo. Dont do that update. After updating to ICS, turn off the automatic software update option. You'll know that you are on ICS as it is a big update of >300mb.

I also emailed samsung about the situation and all they told me was to see the samsung store so ya, it just better to do it my way.

Hope this helps!!! Good Luck guys!!! (oh ya... You need a windows pc, I have done mine on a mac but I have a windows 7 partition which i find quite useful sometimes)

Upvote 0
hi

I have the same problem.
I had an ICS update and was using my Note for more approx 3 weeks now. Today morning I got another update and post the installation the Mobile refuses to boot.
The flash screen of Samsung comes up, post that there is this Samsung logo comes up.
n It Stays There..Forever.
Hard Reset does not work...
Restart does not work...
Recharging does not work...
Battery swap does not work..

im so fearing about this can any one help
kumar

Upvote 0
hi

I have the same problem.
I had an ICS update and was using my Note for more approx 3 weeks now. Today morning I got another update and post the installation the Mobile refuses to boot.
The flash screen of Samsung comes up, post that there is this Samsung logo comes up.
Restart does not work...

Upvote 0
hi

I have the same problem.
Restart does not work...

kumar

Upvote 0
having same problem, can anyone help. just today morning i got this update and it is stuck at the blinking "samsung" logo after boot. I got ICS update about 3 weeks ago and from then no problem till today's update; was about 7MB.

totally :thinking:

hi

I have the same problem.
Restart does not work...

kumar

Upvote 0
I got the update three hours ago and my phone is dead! well not dead but hangs at Samsung logo. I am based in UK but had purchased the phone in India...

Why the intelligent people at Samsung do not STOP this "update" from rolling out? Surely by now they know that they are killing phones.

I really need to know which "sentient being" tested this "update"...

I am so angry as my phone is pretty much useless now...

Upvote 0
I went to the service center and got the phone reset for free (it is in warranty). I am still getting a notification to download and install that wretched 7.85 MB update, but I have turned off the 'automatic update' setting, and I won't even bother about it till I read on the forums here that everything has been resolved.

Upvote 0
I am getting a notification from Kies (attached) to upgrade the firmware. It is tempting, but I am not going to do it.

If someone has any views/opinions on this, please feel free to share.

Attachments

• kies.png
    kies.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Fixed:

Further explanation to kurivellam's note:

go to:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1424997

And download the correct ICS for your region. I download the following:

N7000DDLP8-------4.0.3-----------2012 May-----------N7000ODDLP5-------------India----- -------------------------------Download

Then follow step 1.b from the following:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=26455511&postcount=2475

Just one addition:

ID com port shud turn yellow (not shown in image) (To get it to turn yellow click on the field before hitting start) Please note if ID com port is not yellow it won't work.

Now click start and claim your Note back.

Also note that I did not loose any data so you are safe to follow the above.

Upvote 0
Well I would like to thank Matt12786, kurivellam and Loadrunner for helping us out.....
In the end I followed Loadrunner's solution and it worked perfectly well......I have all my previous data intact and my phone is also up and running.......
I bought this phone from India and currently I am studying in NZ..........So I would been in some serious trouble, hadn't I stumbled onto this forum..:)..especially after receiving cold shoulders from Samsung guys.............
But thanks once again geniuses....:)

Upvote 0
I tried the first solution in ErlendRoger's post. NOT WORKING!

I wiped my phone... for nothing. Still stuck on the same screen. You're warned, don't follow in my steps ;)

UPDATE: the answer I got on the Samsung forum was I will probably need to send it in, if the wiping was not enough. Joy.... still waiting for mail-reply from customer service. Sigh.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones